Opening this weekend is director Olivier Megaton‘s Taken 2. In the sequel, Liam Neeson’s character unwisely takes his family on a European vacation, only to find himself and his wife (Famke Janssen) taken hostage by the family members of the henchmen that Neeson brutally murdered in the first film. The film also stars Maggie Grace and Rade Serbedzija. For more on the film, here’s four clips and all our previous coverage.
Last week in New York City I got to sit down with Neeson for an exclusive interview. We talked about whether he was hesitant to do a sequel, what it was like to film in Istanbul, whether the script changed during production, and more. In addition, we also talked about what it was like to host Saturday Night Live, how he was unclear regarding the nature of his role in The Dark Knight Rises or if he’d even make the final cut, whether he’ll work again with Joe Carnahan and if he knows anything about Mark Millar‘s Nemesis. He also talked playing an air marshal in director Jaume Collet-Serra‘s upcoming action film Non-Stop, which is being produced by Joel Silver. Hit the jump to watch.
- Did he enjoy hosting Saturday Night Live
- Was he hesitant to do a sequel to Taken
- What was it like to film in Istanbul
- Did the script change during production
- Talks about being involved in The Dark Knight Rises and how he wasn’t even sure he was going to be in the movie
- Will he work again with Joe Carnahan and does he know anything about Nemesis
- Talks about director Jaume Collet-Serra’s Non-Stop which is being produced by Joel Silver. He plays an air marshal.