Set in contemporary New York City, The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones tells the story of Clary Fray (Lily Collins), a seemingly ordinary teenager who discovers that she is the descendant of a line of Shadowhunters, a secret organization of young half-angel warriors in an ancient battle to protect our world from demons. Adapted from the book by Cassandra Clare, the action-adventure fantasy also stars Jamie Campbell Bower, Kevin Zegers, Jared Harris, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Lena Headey, CCH Pounder and Aidan Turner. For more on the film, watch the new trailer.
At last weekend’s WonderCon, I landed an exclusive video interview with Lily Collins. We talked about how she’s seen a rough cut of the movie and what she thought, the adaptation process from book to film, collaborating with director Harald Zwart, things she learned during the production, and more. In addition, she also talked about her next project Love, Rosie and what it’s about. Hit the jump to watch.
In addition, here’s our recap of the WonderCon panel and here’s our exclusive interviews with Jamie Campbell Bower and Cassandra Clare. The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones opens in theaters on August 23rd. Click here for all our WonderCon coverage.
- 0:25 – Lily Collins reveals what she would like to buy at WonderCon’s exhibition hall.
- 1:10 – Collins talks about things she learned during the production of The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones and what advice she wishes she had known at the outset.
- 2:05 – Collins comments on being a fan of the books the film is based on and her initial expectations for the level of action and stuntwork for her character in the film.
- 3:15 – Collins has seen a rough cut of the film and talks about her reaction to it.
- 3:55 – Regarding director Harald Zwart, Collins talks about his collaborative style of directing and editing.
- 5:00 – Collins speaks to the adaptation process from book to film and reveals which scenes she’s happy to see in the film.
- 6:00 – Collins talks about her opinion on how she looks for fan feedback on the films she’s involved in.
- 6:45 – Collins reveals her next project Love, Rosie and offers a few details on her character.