Last week at CinemaCon, Paramount Pictures finally unveiled the first footage from director Tim Miller’s Terminator: Dark Fate and I was completely blown away by the scale and scope that was on display. In the five minutes shown during the convention, we got to see a few action scenes that left my jaw on the ground, with one of them featuring Linda Hamilton taking on two Terminators on a bridge and absolutely kicking their asses. Trust me, if you were a fan of the first two James Cameron directed films, The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgement Day, you’re going to be very happy.
If you didn’t know, Terminator: Dark Fate actually takes place after Terminator 2 and will pretend the other sequels never happened. While that might confuse some, I don’t care. The first two Terminators are miles better than every other Terminator film and I’m beyond excited to see where Tim Miller and James Cameron take the story.
Shortly before I got to see the footage at CinemaCon, I landed a few minutes on the red carpet with Linda Hamilton. She talked about why she agreed to return to the franchise, how she was apprehensive to say yes, why she loved working with Tim Miller, how she’s never read a script so complex, how she studied the previs to understand how the action was going to look, and more.
Check out what she had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about. Terminator: Dark Fate also stars Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mackenzie Davis, Gabriel Luna, Natalia Reyes, and Diego Boneta.
- How Dark Fate takes place after Terminator 2.
- How did she decide to come back to the franchise?
- What was it like working with Tim Miller?
- How she studied the previs to understand how the action was going to look.
- How she’s never read a script so complex.
- Does she think Dark Fate pushes the action forward the way Terminator 2 did?
For more of our coverage on Terminator, be sure to take a look at these recent write-ups linked below:
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Footage Kicks Ass, Especially Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor
- ‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Images Show Schwarzenegger and Hamilton Back in Action
- ‘Terminator 6’ Provides First Look at the Return of Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor
- The ‘Terminator’ Reboot Has Found Its New Terminator