The domestic trailer has debuted for the sci-fi prison break film Lockout. The first half of the trailer is pretty rote, with lines like “He’s the best there is, but he’s a loose cannon.” It picks up when Guy Pearce appears, but altogether the tone here is wildly different from the international trailers we’ve seen previously. The action looks great, but Pearce’s charisma is almost entirely absent here. It’s a shame, because the movie actually looks really, really good in the other trailers. It’s cool and strange, and Pearce is hilarious as a wisecracking badass. Hopefully we’ll get a differently cut trailer soon, but for now US audiences will have to settle for this generic actioner.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. Produced by Luc Besson, the film stars Pearce, Maggie Grace, and Peter Stormare. Lockout opens April 20th.
Trailer courtesy of IGN:
- Is the JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie in Trouble? Will Beal’s Script Reportedly Tossed Out
- 5 New Images from STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS Show Benedict Cumberbatch Ready to Go Loki on Everyone’s Ass
- Steven Soderbergh Talks SIDE EFFECTS, His Filmmaking Process, Editing While Shooting, Cutting 45 Minutes Out of CONTAGION, & More
- Juno Temple Talks AFTERNOON DELIGHT, HORNS, SIN CITY 2, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES, and More
- Editorial: Need STAR WARS Spinoffs Featuring Old Characters, We Don’t
IndieClick Film Network