Logan Lerman is set to return as the demigod Percy Jackson in the Thor Freudenthal-directed sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters. Our early look at the film suggests the sequel will hit closer to the Rick Riordan books and has plenty of laughs to go along with the action. In this recent interview, Lerman talked about stepping back into Percy’s shoes, what has happened to the character since the first movie and where he’ll go in the sequel, reuniting with his former cast members and working with a new cast and director. Lerman also commented on his experience filming Darren Aronofsky’s upcoming picture, Noah.
Also starring Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Leven Rambin, Jake Abel, Nathan Fillion, Stanley Tucci, Anthony Head and Douglas Smith, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters opens August 7th. Hit the jump for the video interview with Lerman.
- 0:05 – Talks about getting back into playing the character of Percy Jackson.
- 0:30 – Comments on what’s happened to Percy since the first movie and what his arc is in the sequel.
- 1:35 – Talks about reuniting with the previous cast members as well as the new faces on set.
- 2:10 – Comments on working with director Thor Freudenthal and getting closer to the book.
- 2:55 – Speaks about the level of stunts, choreography and action in the sequel.
- 3:50 – Comments on his experience filming Darren Aronofsky’s Noah.