Everything we’ve seen out of James Mangold‘s Logan so far has looked impressive, stylish, and every bit as gritty as the R-rated adaptation needs to be. So it’s with that in mind that we say that a new fan-made, animated trailer for the live-action Fox film falls right in line with the movie’s tone.
YouTube’r Philysteak took clips from the 90s X-Men cartoon series and X-Men: Evolution to cobble together an animated mash-up of the fantastic first trailer that was recently released. There are some spot-on (and darkly funny) moments from both series included in the trailer that fit quite well with Mangold’s cut: Logan in his rarely seen street clothes, the future shot of the X-Men’s tombstones, and scenes with X-23, to name a few. The decision to include that character, a.k.a. Laura Kinney, necessitated the use of X-Men: Evolution scenes, which feature a very different design for Logan, but the idea was sound even if the execution is a little bit off here. It’s a fun watch for new and old X-fans alike!
Watch the fan-made trailer for Logan below:
For more on Logan, be sure to check out some of our recent write-ups here:
- Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates: From 2016 to 2020
- ‘Logan’: James Mangold Reveals Timeline; Teases Film’s Unique Tone and Family Focus
- Over 30 ‘Logan’ Images Tease Bleak Setting, Cyborg Villain, and a Nuclear Family
- ‘Logan’ Trailer Reveals Hugh Jackman’s Emotional Last Ride as Wolverine
- ‘Logan’: First Look at Hugh Jackman as Old Man Logan
Starring Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart (reprising his role of Professor Charles Xavier), Stephen Merchant, Richard E. Grant, Elizabeth Rodriguez, and Dafne Keen, Logan opens March 3, 2017. Keep an eye out for more in the run-up to the film’s highly anticipated release!