With Kung Fu Panda 2 opening this weekend, I recently got to interview Lucy Liu for our partners at Omelete. While some sequels spend a lot of time reminding the audience who the characters are, one of the many things that’s great about Kung Fu Panda 2 is that it starts like you know the world and it never slows down. In addition, while I’ve been very vocal about bad 3D, Kung Fu Panda 2 features some incredible 3D and the best part is the filmmakers used 3D to help tell the story. If you have the option, you really want to see this in 3D.
During my interview with Liu, we talked about making the sequel and her thoughts on the success of the first film. In addition, with Liu working on so many other projects, I got updates on director RZA’s The Man With the Iron Fists (which also stars Russell Crowe), Detachment and East Fifth Bliss. Hit the jump to watch.
- What’s her karaoke song
- Was she surprised by the success of the first Kung Fu Panda
- How was the recording process on the 2nd one compared to the first one
- While recording dialogue might be easy, what is it like recording the action stuff where you have to make grunts and weird sounds
- What’s up with The Man With the Iron Fists
- Talks about Detachment and East Fifth Bliss
- Did the second Kung Fu Panda change a lot while they were making it. Talks about how great the 3D is