We’re T-minus seven days and counting until Daredevil Season 2 finally arrives, but in the Netflix tradition, you’re probably planning to blow through those episodes pretty fast which means it’s only a short matter of time before the countdown begins for the next Netflix MCU fix. Fortunately, we won’t have to wait too long. At Daredevil Season 2 premiere in New York, none other than Mike Colter — Mr. Luke Cage himself — revealed his unbreakable hero will start stomping around Hell’s Kitchen on September 30th, 2016.
“Daredevil premieres on March 18, and I will see the fans on September 30,” said Colter in a video interview, which you can check out for yourself around the 2:19 mark in the video below.
— Daredevil (@Daredevil) March 11, 2016
The strongman made is debut in the first season of Jessica Jones, coming up against mind control thanks to the nefarious Kilgrave and possible brain damage thanks to…well, Kilgrave, but also Jessica, and meeting Rosario Dawson‘s Claire Temple, who will reprise her role in Luke Cage. When we catch up within his standalone series, he’ll be “a fugitive trying to rebuild his life in modern day Harlem, New York City. But he is soon pulled out of the shadows and must fight a battle for the heart of his city – forcing him to confront a past he had tried to bury.”
Catch up with all the latest Luke Cage news here, or check out our most recent stories below.
- ‘Jessica Jones’ Cast on Season 2 Possibilities, Sex Scenes, and ‘Luke Cage’
- Netflix Loglines Tease Marvel’s ‘Luke Cage’, ‘Iron Fist’, and ‘The Defenders’
- Mike Colter on ‘Jessica Jones’, ‘Luke Cage’, Differences from ‘Daredevil’, and More
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Director Explains ‘Defenders’ Crossover Complications
- ‘Daredevil’ Season 2 Teaser Hints at ‘Luke Cage’ Cameo