Once cast as the Amazon warrior princess Wonder Woman in what was to be George Miller’s failed Justice League film, Megan Gale will finally get to team up with the director in Mad Max: Fury Road. Her role is unspecified at the moment, but we do have character names for a host of other roles, including that of Hugh Keays-Byrne, who was tapped to star as the Martian Manhunter alongside Gale. Mad Max: Fury Road features Tom Hardy in the title role along with Charlize Theron as Furiosa. Hit the jump for more casting info.
- Nathan Jones (Troy) as Rictus Erecetus
- Nicholas Hoult (X-Men: First Class) as Nux
- Hugh Keays-Byrne (Mad Max) as Immortan Joe
- Zoe Kravitz, Riley Keough and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley as “the wives.”
- Abbey Lee Kershaw as “The Dag”
- Courtney Eaton as Fragile
- Josh Helman (Jack Reacher) as Silt
- Jennifer Hagan (The Night We Called It A Day) as Miss Giddy
- iOTA is Coma-Doof Warrior.
There is also a number of Australian actors included in the picture in addition to Gale. They include: John Howard (All Saints), Angus Sampson (Insidious), Gillian Jones (Packed to the Rafters), Richard Carter (Happy Feet), Joy Smithers (Home & Away), Melissa Jaffer (Farscape) and Melita Jurisic (Something in the Air).
Here’s the synopsis for Mad Max: Fury Road:
“Mad Max Fury Road” sees Mad Max (Hardy) caught up with a group of people fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by the imperator Furiosa (Theron). A battle erupts on the road in front of them over the course of the film as they attempt to push the rig to safer terrain.