A number of new movie posters have been released over the past couple of weeks, so in the interest of convenience we’ve rounded up some of the more notable one-sheets for your viewing pleasure. Briefly:
- Mad Max: Fury Road – A pair of new posters for George Miller’s insane-looking post-apocalyptic actioner look fittingly mad. Starring Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron, and Nicholas Hoult, the film opens in theaters on May 15th.
- Hitman: Agent 47 – A new poster for the video game adaptation puts Homeland star Rupert Friend front-and-center with a rather intimidating pose. The film opens in theaters on August 28th.
- Maggie – Otherwise known as “the Arnold Schwarzenegger zombie movie,” this film revolves around a father taking care of his zombified daughter (played by Abigail Breslin). The official one-sheet is perhaps more somber than anticipated. The film will open in theaters and On Demand on May 8th.
- Insidious: Chapter 3 – A couple of new posters for director Leigh Whannel’s horror prequel are certainly striking. The film opens in theaters on May 29th.
- Self/less – A new poster for Tarsem’s (The Cell) upcoming thriller in which Ben Kingsley’s mind is transferred into Ryan Reynolds’ body. The sci-fi pic opens in theaters on July 31st.
- Dope – The first poster for this Sundance indie is in keeping with the film’s teaser trailer, offering a brief preview of the sufficiently entertaining riff on 90s culture. The film opens in theaters on June 19th. Click here to read Matt’s review.
Check out all of the posters below.
Mad Max: Fury Road
Via Warner Bros.
Haunted by his turbulent past, Mad Max believes the best way to survive is to wander alone. Nevertheless, he becomes swept up with a group fleeing across the Wasteland in a War Rig driven by an elite Imperator, Furiosa. They are escaping a Citadel tyrannized by the Immortan Joe, from whom something irreplaceable has been taken. Enraged, the Warlord marshals all his gangs and pursues the rebels ruthlessly in the high-octane Road War that follows.
Hitman: Agent 47
HITMAN: AGENT 47 centers on an elite assassin who was genetically engineered from conception to be the perfect killing machine, and is known only by the last two digits on the barcode tattooed on the back of his neck. He is the culmination of decades of research and forty-six earlier Agent clones — endowing him with unprecedented strength, speed, stamina and intelligence. His latest target is a mega-corporation that plans to unlock the secret of Agent 47’s past to create an army of killers whose powers surpass even his own. Teaming up with a young woman who may hold the secret to overcoming their powerful and clandestine enemies, 47 confronts stunning revelations about his own origins and squares off in an epic battle with his deadliest foe.
Via Lionsgate and Roadside Attractions
When a deadly zombie virus sweeps the nation, a father will stop at nothing to save his infected daughter in this post-apocalyptic thriller starring Arnold Schwarzenegger and Abigail Breslin.
Insidious: Chapter 3
Via IMP Awards
The newest chapter in the terrifying horror series is written and directed by franchise co-creator Leigh Whannell. This chilling prequel, set before the haunting of the Lambert family, reveals how gifted psychic Elise Rainier (Lin Shaye) reluctantly agrees to use her ability to contact the dead in order to help a teenage girl (Stefanie Scott) who has been targeted by a dangerous supernatural entity.
Via IMP Awards
In this provocative psychological science fiction thriller, an extremely wealthy man (Academy Award® Winner Ben Kingsley) dying from cancer undergoes a radical medical procedure that transfers his consciousness into the body of a healthy young man (Ryan Reynolds). But all is not as it seems when he starts to uncover the mystery of the body’s origin and the organization that will kill to protect its cause.
Via IMP Awards
A critical hit and audience favorite out of the Sundance Film Festival, in DOPE, Malcolm (Shameik Moore) is carefully surviving life in a tough neighborhood in Los Angeles while juggling college applications, academic interviews, and the SAT. A chance invitation to an underground party leads him into an adventure that could allow him to go from being a geek, to being dope, to ultimately being himself.