Ever since Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel featured a scene of wanton destruction in the battle between Superman and Zod, fans have been debating it. So much so that Snyder actually came out in defense of his ending and provided an explanation behind it. As many speculated, the chaos caused by the aliens’ final fight was not contained in a vacuum; people suffered emotionally, physically, and financially. Someone has to pay for that. That someone is Superman.
The newly released Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice trailer confirmed that both of Snyder’s films are intrinsically connected, with the events of Man of Steel ultimately causing those in Batman v Superman. The American government and military are none too pleased with Superman’s actions and have taken steps to appropriately address them, as evidenced by Holly Hunter’s Senator’s speech. However, on a more personal level, the citywide devastation also affected billionaire Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck), who likely won’t give a bat’s ass what the government has to say about it; he has his own plans.
In case you missed out on this connection between the two movies, a new fan video that sets the related events side by side should make it clear as day. Take a look below:
Starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne, Gal Gadot, Diane Lane, Jeremy Irons, Scoot McNairy, and Jason Momoa. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on March 25, 2016.
Be sure you don’t miss any of our other Batman v Superman coverage:
- New BATMAN V SUPERMAN Comic-Con Poster Shows Heores at Odds
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Comic-Con Panel Recap: Emotion, Fisticuffs, and MAN OF STEEL Flashbacks
- New Incredible BATMAN V SUPERMAN Trailer Teases Epic Battle
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN Toys Revealed at Comic-Con
- 20 Images of Batman’s Gadgets and Weapons from BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- New Images of the Batman Armor from BATMAN V SUPERMAN
- BATMAN V SUPERMAN: Hi-Res Images Revealed