WonderCon 2013 is in full swing, and Steve and Dave are currently in Anaheim covering all the convention goodness here on Collider for those that are unable to make the trek. Steve walked the floor earlier today and managed to snap images of some of the cool things he spotted, which includes some great looks at the Man of Steel action figures. While we’ve seen images of these figures before, Steve’s photos give us a close-up, detailed look at a number of characters from one of the year’s biggest movies.
Hit the jump to take a look at the DC Collectible action figures for Superman (Henry Cavill), General Zod (Michael Shannon), Jor-El (Russell Crowe), and Faora (Antje Traue). Man of Steel opens in 3D on June 14th.
Click on any of the images for high-resolution, and click here to catch up on all of our WonderCon 2013 coverage thus far.
click on any image for high-res
Here’s the official synopsis for Man of Steel:
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.
Click here to catch up on all of our Man of Steel coverage, or peruse the links below:
- Screenwriter David S. Goyer Talks About How He Got Involved with MAN OF STEEL and His Reaction to Seeing the Finished Film
- J.J. Abrams Talks His Scrapped SUPERMAN: FLYBY Script and How It Relates to MAN OF STEEL
- Zack Snyder Calls His Superman “More Relatable, More Human”
- MAN OF STEEL Magazine Cover Features Henry Cavill as Superman and Amy Adams as Lois Lane
- Early Screening Buzz for MAN OF STEEL Highly Positive; Teases “Tons of Action” and All-CG Cape
- Toy Fair 2013: MAN OF STEEL Figures for Superman, Jor-El, General Zod, and Faora
- New Black-and-White Image of Amy Adams as Lois Lane in MAN OF STEEL
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Greenlight Depending on MAN OF STEEL’S Box Office Success
- David S. Goyer Says He Wrote MAN OF STEEL “As If It Were Real,” Not a Lowly Comic Book Movie
- MAN OF STEEL Graces the Cover of Empire Magazine’s Summer Preview Issue
- MAN OF STEEL Gets PG-13 Rating for “Intense Sci-Fi Violence, Action and Destruction”
- MAN OF STEEL Star Russell Crowe Reveals Details on Krypton and Calls Zack Snyder’s Version “Complicated and Complex” with a “Super Sonic” Superman