It’s finally here, folks. It’s been seven years since Superman last graced the silver screen, and after countless set photos, rumors, images, posters, and trailers, director Zack Snyder’s new film Man of Steel is finally in theaters for all the world to see. I enjoyed the film quite a lot, myself. Snyder wows with genuinely awe-inspiring visuals and action sequences, but the film also packs a surprising emotional punch that is buoyed by truly stellar performances from the entire cast. Matt has already posted his review and Steve has been raving about the pic basically non-stop, but now we’d like to hear from you, dear readers. Was Man of Steel everything you hoped it would be? What did you think of Snyder’s take on the character? Was Henry Cavill the right guy to bring this new Superman to life? Where do you want to see things go in the sequel?
We welcome you to sound off in the comments section, where healthy and spirited debate is greatly encouraged. After the jump, you’ll also find links to plenty of interviews and Man of Steel-related material that we have posted in the past, which you might find more relevant or interesting now that you’ve seen the film. Up, up, and away!
A gentle reminder with regards to comments: disagreement is a good thing. We’re all here because we love movies, and sharing opposing points of view allows us to engage with the material on an entirely different level. If you have an opinion, by all means share it, but please refrain from derogatory or bigoted comments or personal attacks. They do nothing to move the conversation forward and Steve has no reservations about banning such users from the comments section.
If you skipped any of our previous coverage because you didn’t want to know much about the film going in, now is a good time to catch up on all of our Man of Steel goodness. Click here to catch up on the entirety of our coverage, or peruse some of the more relevant links below:
- Spoiler: Awesome MAN OF STEEL Easter Egg Revealed; Has Possible Repercussions for MAN OF STEEL 2
- David S. Goyer Explains How MAN OF STEEL Sets Up JUSTICE LEAGUE and Other Future DC FIlms; WB Revvs Up WONDER WOMAN and AQUAMAN
- Zack Snyder Talks MAN OF STEEL Sequel and JUSTICE LEAGUE; Says “You’ve Got to Get Superman Further Down the Road Before JUSTICE LEAGUE”
- MAN OF STEEL Sequel Going Forward with Zack Snyder Directing and David S. Goyer Writing
- 60 Things to Know About MAN OF STEEL From Our Set Visit; Plus a Recap of What We Saw Being Filmed
- Henry Cavill Talks Comics Influences, the “Superman Curse,” Developing His American Accent, Physical Training, and More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- Zack Snyder Talks Changes to the Character, Creating the Right Suit, His Visual Style, 3D, Putting the Cast Together, and More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- David S. Goyer Talks Collaborating with Christopher Nolan, His New Take on Superman, a Feudal Japan-style Krypton, & More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- Producer Charles Roven Talks Christopher Nolan’s Involvement, the Filming Locations, Assembling the Cast, and More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- Director Zack Snyder, Writer David S. Goyer, Producers Deborah Snyder and Charles Roven Talk MAN OF STEEL and Choosing Zod over Lex Luthor
- Listen to Hans Zimmer’s Complete Soundtrack for MAN OF STEEL
- Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon and Russell Crowe Talk MAN OF STEEL, Making Lois Lane More Active, Getting the Flying Right and Fight Sequences
- Producer Deborah Snyder Talks MAN OF STEEL, Deleted Scenes, Modernizing Superman, 2D vs. 3D, JUSTICE LEAGUE, the Sequel, and More
- Hans Zimmer Talks MAN OF STEEL, How He Crafted the Score, Dealing with the Pressure of Following John Williams, Nolan’s INTERSTELLAR, RUSH, and More
- Producers Deborah Snyder, David S. Goyer, and Charles Roven Talk Retelling the Origin Story, Choosing the Villain, and More on the Set of MAN OF STEEL
- 13-Minute Featurette for MAN OF STEEL
- Mondo Unveils Incredible Posters for MAN OF STEEL by Martin Ansin and Ken Taylor; On Sale This Weekend