Marisa Tomei on Making ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ and Director Jon Watts
With Spider-Man: Homecoming opening this weekend, last week I landed an exclusive interview with Marisa Tomei. She talked about working with director Jon Watts, the way she likes to work on set, how this is a completely different take on Aunt May, and if she’s already thinking about the sequel.
As most of you know, Spider-Man: Homecoming takes place after the events of Captain America: Civil War and features Peter Parker trying to adjust to life back in High School while trying to be more than just your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. The film also stars Robert Downey Jr., Jon Favreau, Zendaya, Jacob Batalon, Laura Harrier, Michael Keaton, Bokeem Woodbine, Donald Glover, Hannibal Buress, Abraham Attah, Martin Starr, Tony Revolori, Michael Barbieri, and Angourie Rice. For more on the film, read Matt Goldberg’s review.
Check out what Marisa Tomei had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the official synopsis and some images from the film. Spider-Man Homecoming is in theaters July 7th.
- Was she a fan of the superhero genre?
- What was it like working with director Jon Watts?
- How this is a completely different take on Aunt May.
How does she like to work on set?
- Is she already thinking about the sequel?
And for more of our continuing coverage of all things Spider-Man, be sure to get caught up with our recent write-ups provided at the links below:
- Tom Holland on ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Reactions, Sequels, ‘Venom’ and More
- Marvel and Sony ‘Spider-Man’ Rights Explained: What’s MCU and What’s Not?
- Upcoming Superhero Movie Release Dates: From 2017 to 2021
- Did You Catch Peter Parker in ‘Iron Man 2’? Tom Holland Confirms the Fan Theory
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’: Watch Michael Giacchino Put a New Twist on the Classic Theme