Over the past year, we’ve interviewed director Mark Andrews and producer Katherine Sarafian for Brave a number of times. Each time they’ve been great to us and last night on the red carpet at the VES Awards (visual effects) was no different. During our brief chat we talked about what the past few months have been like, being nominated, what’s been the biggest surprise to them throughout the whole development, production, and promotion process, future projects, and I try to find out if Pixar could make a Star Wars movie. Hit the jump for what they had to say.
Mark Andrews and Katherine Sarafian Time Index:
- :09 Talk about being nominated for the ceremony.
- :30 The long process of release, promotion, the DVD, etc.
- 1:33 What’s been the big surprise throughout the whole process? Talk about tools that can be used in new ways to make their process faster.
- 3:05 Future projects. They’re in the development stages of other projects at Pixar.
- 3:22 Steve tells them he hopes that Star Wars is in their future with regards to animated projects.
For more VES Red Carpet Interviews:
- Wally Pfister Talks TRANSCENDENCE, Possibly Filming in IMAX, Being Open to Digital Cameras, Spoilers, Casting Johnny Depp, and More
- Ang Lee Talks LIFE OF PI, the Believability of a Computer-Generated Tiger, and More at the VES Awards
- PROMETHEUS VFX Supervisor Richard Stammers Talks Collaborating with Ridley Scott, THE COUNSELOR, and Bryan Singer’s X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST
- Visual Effects Supervisor Bill Westenhofer and Animation Director Erik De Boer Talk LIFE OF PI at the VES Awards