At WonderCon this weekend, Relativity Media premiered an awesome looking teaser trailer for Tarsem Singh’s Immortals. In the film, Henry Cavill plays Theseus, a mortal chosen by Zeus (Luke Evans) to bring down the power-hungry King Hyperion (Mickey Rourke). The film also stars Isabel Lucas, Frida Pinto, Kellan Lutz, Stephen Dorff, and John Hurt. You can read more about the WonderCon presentation here.
Earlier in the day, before the panel, I got to speak with producer Mark Canton (300) about the genesis of the project, how they got the film made and the casting process, how wide was his smile when Cavill was cast as Superman, does Tarsem’s visual style add time to the production schedule, what’s up with sequels/prequels to Zack Snyder’s 300, and other projects like Freelancers and Piranha 3DD. Hit the jump to watch.
Finally, I also interviewed Henry Cavill and Luke Evans before the panel, click here to check it out.
- Talks about the genesis of the project. Mentions that after 300, he wasn’t reticent of doing another film like that one, but the material and Tarsem made them said yes.
- 1:45 – Talks about how visually gifted Tarsem is. Also talks about Tarsem’s take on the material and how he got involved
- 2:30 – Describes getting the film off the ground and the casting process
- 4:45 – How much did he smile when Cavill was cast as Superman
- 6:00 – Does Tarsem’s visual style add any days to the production schedule
- 7:25 – Piranha 3DD – how are they raising the bar with the sequel
- 8:20 – What’s the status of Freelancers. Starts shooting April 17
- 8:50 – What’s the status of future 300 sequels/prequels