A new promo poster for Sony and Mattel’s live-action Masters of the Universe adaptation reminds us that, yes, this movie is still in the works. Doubling down on the March 2021 release date, the poster doesn’t do much else. It’s not really meant to. It’s a promo poster from the upcoming Licensing Expo which features studios putting their upcoming projects on display in order to strike deals with big name brands from all sorts of industries.
For the He-Man fans out there, though, it’s a nice reminder that we’ll be getting another shot at a live-action treatment, something not seen since 1987’s disaster starring Dolph Lundgren. This time around, Noah Centineo (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before) will take on the musclebound role of Prince Adam / He-Man. Iron Man writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway are the latest team to take a crack at the material, originally drafted by David S. Goyer and current directors Aaron and Adam Nee. The movie has been through the pre-production ringer over the years, but hopefully we’ll get to see more official shots once production starts up in earnest, likely sometime next year. In the meantime, we’ll take what we can get when it comes to related content.
Check out the new promo poster for Masters of the Universe from the upcoming Licensing Expo below:
For more on Masters of the Universe, be sure to get caught up by checking out our write-ups at the following links:
- Sony Taps ‘Iron Man’ Scribes to Rewrite He-Man Movie ‘Masters of the Universe’
- ‘Masters of the Universe’ Movie to Be Helmed by The Brothers Nee
- Director Jeff Wadlow on That ‘Truth or Dare’ Ending, His ‘X-Force’ Plans, ‘Bloodshot’ and More
- The ‘Masters of the Universe’ Director Hunt Is on… Again
- David S. Goyer in Talks to Direct ‘Masters of the Universe’