With Straight Outta Compton and Fate of the Furious director F. Gary Gray’s Men in Black: International opening June 14th, I recently attended the London press day for the film where I got to speak with Kumail Najiani. In the film, Nanjiani voices a character named Pawny, and while I won’t reveal the reasons why, he ends up taking a liking to Agent M (Tessa Thompson) and joins her and Agent H (Chris Hemsworth) on the adventure. The film also stars Liam Neeson as High T, the head of the Men in Black’s UK division, Rebecca Ferguson, and Emma Thompson, reprising her role from Men In Black 3.
During the interview, Nanjiani talked about how much fun he had making the film, if he did a lot of improvising, what TV show he’d love to guest star on, revealed his first movie crush, the movie he’s seen the most, and more.
Check out what he had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the official synopsis.
- How much fun did he have making the movie?
- How much improvising did he do on set?
- What TV show would he love to guest star on?
- Who was his first movie or TV show crush?
- What movie has he seen the most?
- What was the last thing he was really obsessed with?
Here’s the official synopsis for Men In Black: International:
The Men in Black have always protected the Earth from the scum of the universe. In this new adventure, they tackle their biggest, most global threat to date: a mole in the Men in Black organization.
For more on Men In Black International, check out the links below:
- ‘Men In Black’: A Tour Through the ‘International’ World of Aliens
- How ‘Men In Black: International’ Ties Into the Original Movies
- ‘Men In Black: International’ Stars Tessa Thompson & Chris Hemsworth on Their ‘Thor’ Reunion and Alien Gunplay
- How ‘Men In Black: International’ Puts a New Twist on the Classic Black Suit