With director Gore Verbinski’s A Cure for Wellness now in theaters I recently sat down with Mia Goth for an exclusive video interview. She talked about how Verbinski sold her on the project, the great cinematography, memorable moments from filming — including filming in the most haunted place in Germany. Plus, she discussed what Claire Denis’ High Life is about which she’s getting ready to film.
If you’re not familiar with A Cure for Wellness, it’s based on an original idea by Verbinski and screenwriter Justin Haythe (Revolutionary Road), about an ambitious young executive (Dane DeHaan) who is sent to the Swiss Alps to retrieve his company’s CEO from a mysterious “wellness center.” At the remote location, he soon realizes the spa’s treatments are not what they seem. The film also stars Jason Isaacs Mia Goth.
Check out what Mia Goth had to say in the player above and below is exactly what we talked about followed by the trailer and synopsis.
- How did Gore Verbinski sell her on the movie?
- How they shot for 5 months to give Verbinski enough time to accomplish the great cinematography.
- Memorable moments from filming.
- Did the script change a lot during production?
- Talks about future projects.
- How she’s getting ready to film director Claire Denis’ High Life and what it’s about.