One of the films that got rave reviews at this year’s Sundance Film Festival was director Lisa Cholodenko’s (High Art, Laurel Canyon) The Kids Are All Right. The film is about two teenage children Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and Josh Hutcherson (Journey to the Center of the Earth, Red Dawn) that decide to track down their donor father (Mark Ruffalo) as they were both conceived artificially by their two mothers (Annette Bening and Julianne Moore). Once they locate him, their household will never be the same. Like I said yesterday when I posted my interview with director Lisa Cholodenko, I loved this movie and I think it’s going to be remembered at the end of the year during Award season.
Anyway, I recently got to speak with Mia Wasikowska and we talked about how she got involved in the project, what it was like to work with such a great cast, what the past year has been like for her, and I also got updates on Gus Van Sant’s Restless, Jane Eyre, and has she heard anything about a sequel to Alice in Wonderland. Hit the jump to see what she had to say:
Finally, you can watch some clips from The Kids Are All Right here.
- What’s the last year been like for her
- What was it like to work with Julianne Moore and Annette Bening
- How did she make the script her own
- How often is she asked about her new shorter hair
- Has she heard anything about an Alice in Wonderland sequel
- Restless talk and what was it like to work for Gus Van Sant
- Jane Eyre talk