Opening this weekend is director Michael Bay’s fantastic dark comedy Pain & Gain. The film is based on a crazy true story and stars Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne Johnson as two bodybuilders who get caught up in an extortion ring and kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong. Pain and Gain also stars Anthony Mackie, Rebel Wilson, Tony Shalhoub, Ed Harris, Rob Corddry, Ken Jeong, and Bar Paly. For more on the film, watch some clips or the red-band trailer.
Last week at the Miami press junket, I landed an exclusive interview with Michael Bay. He talked about balancing the truth while making a movie, why it took so long to make the film, deleted scenes, whether he will release an extended cut on Blu-ray, test screenings, and a lot more. In addition, beside telling a crazy true story involving the real people involved, I got an update on director Jonathan Liebesman‘s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Hit the jump to watch and definitely check out Pain and Gain this weekend. It’s absolutely worth seeing.
- After talking about making Pain and Gain for over ten years, why was this the time to make it
- Balancing the truth with making a movie
- How long was his first cut and how long was his first director’s cut
- Will he release an extended cut on Blu-ray
- Says he might be willing to put another 10 minutes back into the movie on home video
- Who does he show his movies to first (talks about test screenings)
- Talks about the crazy story behind the characters that Anthony Mackie and Rebel Wilson play and what happened at the trial. Involves a BJ.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles talk