I think Michael Sheen is one of the best actors working in Hollywood. No matter the role, he disappears into his character to the point where you forget he’s acting. Think about it: Sheen has played real people (Tony Blair in The Queen, David Frost in Frost/Nixon, and Brian Clough in The Damned United, among others), and he’s also managed to work in genre movies like Underworld and its sequels. And while he’s been in a couple dozen movies over the last decade, he’s about to appear in some very high profile films like Tron Legacy, Alice in Wonderland and some vampire movie called The Twilight Saga: New Moon. Sheen plays Aro, the leader of the Voluri (the vampire governing council). And while I am still under embargo from talking about the movie, I don’t think anyone will be upset if I tell you he’s great in the movie and fans are going to love his portrayal.
Last week, I managed to get an exclusive interview with this fantastic actor and we talked about working on New Moon, his upcoming movies like Alice in Wonderland and Tron Legacy, how he prepares for his roles, and he tells some great stories about how he came up with his character in New Moon and what happened with his driver who took him to the hotel (It has to do with Twilight). If you’re a fan of Michael Sheen, I promise you’ll love the interview. Take a look after the jump:
Finally, in the coming days I’ll have some more exclusive interviews for The Twilight Saga: New Moon so make sure to keep checking back.
- How have the last two weeks been (I recently interviewed him for The Damned United)
- Is it nice to be able to talk about the movie now that people have seen it
- I mention how much I enjoyed his performance and ask if he enjoyed being a part of this phenomenon
- How did his previous “genre” work help him prepare for his New Moon role
- What is his secret as he is able to bounce from genre movies to movies that critics love
- Has he been asked to appear in Breaking Dawn yet
- Is he looking forward to promoting Alice in Wonderland and Tron Legacy
- Some great actors still use acting coaches. Does he still use one?
- How did he prepare for New Moon, Tron, Alice and Damned United
- 7:35 talks about New Moon and how he came up with his character. Make sure you watch 8 minutes in.
- When was the first time after getting cast he noticed the Twilight phenomenon. And the Twilight moms
- 9:20 – tells a great story about his driver and his reaction to learning Michael Sheen was in Twilight