Opening this weekend is Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller Source Code. Directed by Duncan Jones (who previously made the incredible Moon), the film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Michelle Monaghan, Vera Farmiga, and Jeffrey Wright. If you aren’t familiar with the plot, Gyllenhaal stars as a soldier who wakes up in the body of a stranger on a Chicago commuter train and “learns he’s part of a government experiment called the ‘Source Code,’ a program that enables him to cross over into another man’s identity in the last 8 minutes of his life.” If you’re nervous that Jones was a one hit wonder, don’t be. Source Code is an intelligent thriller that’s definitely worth your time. You can read Scott’s review here. I also definitely recommend it.
A few days ago I covered the Los Angeles press day and after the jump you can watch my conversation with Monaghan. We talked about doing press, what’s her karaoke song, did she immediately say yes when approached for the movie, did she watch Groundhog Day before filming, Quantum leap and the Easter Egg for fans of the show in Source Code, improv, and I mention my love of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and how she needs to be in Iron Man 3 (as that would reunite her with Shane Black and Robert Downey Jr.)
- How it’s great to be the first or last interview of the day
- Russell Brand talk (I’d just interviewed him for Hop)
- What is her karaoke song
- When she was asked about doing the project was it an immediate yes
- Was she asked to watch Groundhog Day before filming began
- Mentions that Duncan Jones was a fan of Quantum Leap and the nod to the show in Source Code
- Did they stick to the script or were they allowed to improv
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang talk and how she needs to be in Iron Man 3 to reunite her with Shane Black and Robert Downey Jr.