Let me start with the most important thing first: Mission: Impossible – Fallout is a monster home-run of a movie. Writer-director Christopher McQuarrie (the first director to return to the Mission franchise) and Tom Cruise have crafted an action extravaganza that’s loaded with tons of “I can’t believe they just did that!” moments. As most of you know, Cruise is famous for doing his own stunts, and what he does in Fallout will leave your jaw on the ground. But beyond flying a helicopter in crazy ways, riding a motorcycle at high speeds through oncoming traffic in Paris, and jumping out of a plane at thirty-five thousand feet, there is a fight scene in a bathroom with Henry Cavill and Liang Yang that is worth the price of admission alone. Trust me, if you like action movies, thrillers, or just awesome movies, you want to see Mission: Impossible – Fallout on the biggest screen you can when it opens in theaters July 27th.
Last week, Paramount Pictures held the world premiere and press junket in Paris, France. Over the next two weeks, I’ll be posting interviews with Christopher McQuarrie, Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Angela Bassett, Vanessa Kirby, and Michelle Monaghan. Some were on the world premiere red carpet and some are longer conversations from the junket.
However, while you wait for the full conversations, I wanted to post something fun today. If you’ve been reading the site over the past two weeks, you may have noticed I started playing a game called “Random Questions”. If you haven’t seen a previous episode, the game includes questions like which TV show would they like to guest spot on, favorite sci-fi/fantasy movie, which film scared them as a kid, what they collect, if they own any movie/TV show props, what would people be surprised to learn about them, what’s their background photo on their phone, and more. If you’re looking for hard hitting journalism, this isn’t the video for you. But if you want to see some of your favorite actors answer some fun questions, I’m confident you’ll enjoy the video above.
Mission: Impossible – Fallout also stars Ving Rhames, Sean Harris, Alec Baldwin, Wes Bentley, and Frederick Schmidt.
Here’s the full list of questions followed by the official synopsis and recent links.
- What TV show would you like to guest spot on?
- Do you have a favorite sci-fi or fantasy film?
- What film scared you as a kid?
- Do you collect anything?
- Do you own any movie or TV show props?
- What would people be surprised to learn about you?
- What TV show have you watched all the way through more than once?
- What’s your background photo on your phone?
- What movies have you watched more than ten times?
- Do you have a favorite pair of sneakers or shoes?
- Do you remember what got you into the entertainment industry?
The best intentions often come back to haunt you. Mission: Impossible – Fallout finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the helm.
For more on Mission: Impossible – Fallout, be sure to get caught up with our recent write-ups provided at the links below:
- Watch: See What Tom Cruise’s Stunt Double Was Up to on the ‘Fallout’ Set in Funny Video
- ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’: Watch Tom Cruise Take on Henry Cavill and His Reloaded Arms
- New ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Featurette Goes Behind the Scenes of the Must-See Sequel
- ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’ Character Posters Light the Fuse
Where does Mission: Impossible – Fallout fall on your Summer cinema hype-meter? Let us know in the comments below!