The Monday TV ratings from May 4th are in; here are some of the highlights:
- Keeping with the pattern of the last few weeks, NBC’s The Voice was number one at 8 p.m. with a 2.3 rating (in the key 18-49 demographic) and 9.7 million viewers, despite being down three tenths from last week.
- And in that same vein, ABC’s Dancing with the Stars trailed it with a 1.9 rating, but 12.25 million viewers, though it reached a new low for this season (also known in competition show terms as a “cycle.”)
- The season finale of Gotham on Fox got a little bump of two tenths to a 1.7 rating and 4.86 million viewers.
On the CW, The Originals was steady with last week’s 0.5 rating and 1.14 million viewers. In the next hour, Jane the Virgin was up a tenth to a 0.5 rating and 1.03 million viewers.
- The Gotham boost didn’t translate to the 9 p.m. hour, though, where Fox’s The Following was down a tenth to a 1.1 rating and 3.25 million viewers.
- CBS’s David Letterman: A Life on Television special at 9:30 p.m. pulled a 1.5 rating and 8.08 million viewers.
- At 10 p.m., Castle was even with last week’s 1.4 rating and 8.38 million viewers for ABC, and The Night Shift bumped up a tenth on NBC to a 1.3 rating and 5.63 million viewers.