The TV ratings for Monday February 23rd are in. Here are some of the highlights:
- Though the spring premiere of The Voice at 8 p.m. was down almost a full point from last year, it still notched a 4 in the key ratings demographic with 13.6 million viewers (more on par with its fall premiere, against which it held steady).
- Those figures won the night for NBC overall with total viewers and in the adult demo. Interestingly, though, The Voice didn’t seem to significantly factor in taking away viewers from any other Monday series.
- Fox’s Gotham at 8 p.m. even ticked up a tenth to finish at 2.2 and 6.46 million viewers (you can read Dave’s recap here), while the season finale of Sleepy Hollow stayed sleepy, matching last week’s 1.4 rating in the 18-49 demo, with 4.35 million viewers.
- The Season 2 premiere of The Night Shift at 10 p.m. on NBC earned a 1.5, also down slightly from last summer when it premiered, with a total of 5.5 million viewers.
- ABC’s Castle, also at 10 p.m., ticked up a tenth to 1.7 and 7.65 million viewers.
- On ABC, The Bachelor stayed strong at 8 p.m., notching a 2.6 rating and 8.91 million viewers (though since the crazy girls are all gone, it was pretty boring).