Limited Paper: Mondo Announces New GAME OF THRONES Gallery Show Taking Place During SXSW 2013

by     Posted 1 year, 187 days ago

GoTSlice

This just in:  we’ve got the details surrounding Mondo’s next big gallery show.  As you probably already know, we’re closing in on the one year anniversary of the Mondo Gallery’s opening, and—as expected—it appears that the Mondo guys have lined up something pretty damn awesome to celebrate that milestone.  Wanna know more?  Details after the jump, folks.

game-of-thrones-season-3-posterWe’re going to do this press release style, people.  Here’s what the good folks on Mondo’s PR team just blasted out to the press:

Mondo, the collectible art division of Alamo Drafthouse Cinema, is partnering with HBO’s “Game of Thrones” for a poster series and gallery event running March 8 – March 12, 2013.  The gallery will be open to the public on March 8 from 7:00 – 10:00pm with regular hours to follow for the show’s duration.  The Mondo Gallery is located at 4115 Guadalupe St. in Austin, TX.

Last year, Mondo and HBO’s “Game of Thrones” collaboration at San Diego Comic-Con was a huge success and this series takes that partnership to the next level with a wide range of spectacular original works and poster art from dozens of Mondo’s world renowned artists including Craig Drake, Daniel Danger, Jason Edmiston, Horkey, Jock, Phantom City Creative, JC Richard, and Ken Taylor. This special gallery event will also launch a Mondo poster series for the acclaimed HBO series, with 8 limited edition screen prints that will be available for purchase.  The exhibit will feature the first two posters in the series along with original fine art. Following the gallery exhibit, two posters will be released digitally each week leading up to the “Game of Thrones” Season 3 premiere on March 31, 2013.

“GAME OF THRONES is a favorite of ours at Mondo.  The gallery event is intended to honor the show’s attention to visual detail and the beautiful world that George R.R. Martin has imagined and series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss have brought to life. After the success of our San Diego Comic-Con initiative with HBO in 2012, we thought this was a perfect fit.  We hope the fans feel our work has done justice to the show,” says Mondo CEO Justin Ishmael.

Ok, raise your hands if you didn’t see this one coming?  That’s one, two, three, four…uh…looks to be about 99% of you (the other 1% is lying).  For weeks now, rumors have been circulating about the Mondo Gallery’s SXSW show, and—based on the conversations I’ve had and emails I’ve received—I heard the same rumor all of you did.  This one definitely caught us off-guard, but that’s not to say we’re unhappy with the theme:  on the contrary, this sounds damn good to us.  Oh, and then there’s this:

The gallery event will also see the premiere of Brewery Ommegang’s new “Game of Thrones” beer where attendees, 21 and older, will be the first to taste the new beer.  Launching in tandem with the season three debut on March 31, Iron Throne, a Blonde Ale, is the inaugural beer in the series and the result of a creative partnership between Ommegang and HBO.  The collaboration is focused on developing unique beers that tie into themes and nuances of the medieval-like fantasy realm of Westeros. Iron Throne is a delicate, but piercing Golden Blonde Ale with Noble hops, a nod to having a Lannister currently on the Throne.  The beer will be nationally available on draft and in 750ml bottles, for the suggested retail price of $8.50 per bottle, beginning in mid to late March and will be followed by the launch of additional beers.

So, free beer and a new show at the Mondo Gallery?  And it’s based on Game of Thrones?  Oh, we’re all over that.  As of right now, further details are limited…but we do have this flier (featuring artwork from Mike Mitchell and the lineup of artists contributing to the show) we can share.  Check it out:

Mondo-Game-of-Thrones-Flier

Stay tuned for more as it becomes available, you rumormongering nitwits, you.  In the meantime:  as is always the case around here: if you’re an artist or gallery with artwork you’d like to see featured on Limited Paper (or if you’re just some lucky bastard who happened to overhear a bit of poster-related gossip while standing in the bushes outside Martin Ansin’s house) we wanna hear from you!  Email Limited Paper directly at LimitedPaper@gmail.com, and be sure that you’re following us on Twitter via @LimitedPaper for ongoing commentary, news updates, giveaways, and more!




Like Us


Comments:

FB Comments

Click Here