The latest release date information for the following films:
- Before there was Django Unchained, there was Django, Sergio Corbucci’s 1966 Western starring Franco Nero in the title role. Rialto will re-release Django starting December 21st.
- The George Clooney-directed The Monuments Men, starring Clooney alongside Daniel Craig, Matt Damon and Cate Blanchett, opens December 20, 2013.
- Dustin Hoffman’s directorial debut, Quartet, starring Maggie Smith, Michael Gambon and Billy Connolly, moves from December 28th to January 11, 2013.
Sony Classics has also announced new release dates for:
- Love Is All You Need, starring Pierce Brosnan, opening May 3, 2013.
- At Any Price, with Zac Efron and Dennis Quaid, opening April 26, 2013.
- The Company You Keep, a Robert Redford film starring Redford himself alongside Shia LaBeouf, opens April 5, 2013.
- No, starring Gael Garcia Bernal, will open February 15, 2013.
- The Gatekeepers, a documentary directed by Dror Moreh, opens February 1, 2013.
Hit the jump for synopses and images from each picture.
All release date information comes courtesy of Box Office Mojo. Check out the trailer for 1966’s Django below:
The synopses and images for the Sony Classics pictures follow below, starting with Love Is All You Need:
Love Is All You Need is a new film by Academy Award-winner Susanne Bier. Philip (Pierce Brosnan), an Englishman living in Denmark, is a lonely, middle-aged widower and estranged single father. Ida (Trine Dyrholm) is a Danish hairdresser, recuperating from a long bout of illness, who’s just been left by her husband for a younger woman. The fates of these two bruised souls are about to intertwine, as they embark for Italy to attend the wedding of Philip’s son and Ida’s daughter. With warmth, affection and confidence, Bier has shaken a cocktail of love, loss, absurdity, humour and delicately drawn characters who will leave only the hardest heart untouched. This is a film about the simple yet profound pains and joys of moving on – and forward – with your life.
At Any Price synopsis:
Set in the competitive world of modern agriculture, ambitious Henry Whipple (Dennis Quaid) wants his rebellious son Dean (Zac Efron) to help expand his family’s farming empire. However, Dean has his sights set on becoming a professional race car driver. When a high-stakes investigation into their business is exposed, father and son are pushed into an unexpected situation that threatens the family’s entire livelihood.
The Company You Keep synopsis:
Jim Grant (Robert Redford), a civil rights lawyer and single father, must go on the run when a brash young reporter (Shia LaBeouf) exposes his true identity as a former 1970s radical fugitive wanted for murder. Sparking a nationwide manhunt, Grant sets off on a cross-country journey to clear his name. Also starring Susan Sarandon, Terrence Howard, Anna Kendrick, Stanley Tucci, Chris Cooper and Nick Nolte.
When Chilean military dictator Augusto Pinochet calls for a referendum to decide his permanence in power, the opposition persuades a young advertising executive to head its campaign. With limited resources and under scrutiny, he conceives a plan to win the election.
The Gatekeepers synopsis:
Since its stunning military victory in 1967, Israel has hoped to achieve a long-lasting peace. Forty-five years later, this has yet to happen. Six former heads of Israel’s Secret Service reflect on the successes and failures of the “peace process.”