We’ve got a bit of a release date shuffle concerning two of DreamWorks Animation’s upcoming pictures. Check out the information in brief below:
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman, featuring the voices of Ty Burrell (Modern Family) and Max Charles (The Three Stooges), has been pushed back from November 1, 2013 to March 7, 2014.
- Me & My Shadow, which was intended to open on March 14, 2014, has now returned to development at the studio.
Hit the jump for more on both pictures, as well as the rest of the DreamWorks Animation line-up through 2016.
The delay on Mr. Peabody & Sherman comes at the behest of DreamWorks Animation’s distributing partner Twentieth Century Fox, who has had success with March releases of their Ice Age franchise films. Per the press release:
“Our distributor, who has had great success in March with theirIce Age franchise, has recommended we move Mr. Peabody & Sherman to the spring of 2014, which we totally agree is a much more advantageous release window,” said Anne Globe, Chief Marketing Officer of DreamWorks Animation. “Mr. Peabody & Sherman is now the first of our three-picture lineup for next year.”
There was no reason given for Me & My Shadow’s return to development. The picture reveals the unveiling of the once secret world of shadows and their human counterparts.
The new release dates for DreamWorks Animation pictures now looks like this:
- The Croods – March 22, 2013
- Turbo – July 19, 2013
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman – March 7, 2014
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – June 20, 2014
- Happy Smekday! – November 26, 2014
- The Penguins of Madagascar – March 27, 2015
- Trolls (working title) – June 5, 2015
- B.O.O: Bureau of Otherworldy Operations – November 6, 2015
- Mumbai Musical (working title) – December 19, 2015
- Kung Fu Panda 3 – March 16, 2016
- How to Train Your Dragon 3 – June 18, 2016
- Me and My Shadow – (In Development)