The wide-eyed dreamer arrives in Los Angeles, filled with hopes of making it big in the movie biz… Stop me if you’ve heard this one before. Home Again, though, triples down on this familiar (if true) archetype. Nat Wolff is the aspiring actor, Jon Rudnitsky – the screenwriter, and Pico Alexander – the director. All three struggling artists arrive in Los Angeles with barely enough money to rent a motel room. Lucky for them, though, they meet the wealthy but lonely Alice Kinney (Reese Witherspoon), who invites the trio to stay in her guesthouse. It’s not long before the three guys are jockeying for Alice’s affection, their friendship and career aspirations put to the test by their newfound romantic pursuit.
In the following interview with Nat Wolff, Jon Rudnitsky & Pico Alexander, the actors discuss their favorite romantic comedies, starting out in Hollywood and their first LA experiences. For the full interview, watch above. Below is a list of what was discussed.
- What are the actors’ favorite romantic comedies?
- How much does Home Again reflect the realities of starting out in Hollywood?
- When did they decide to pursue acting as a career?
- What were their parent’s reactions to finding out they wanted to pursue a career in showbiz?
- What was their first experience in Los Angeles like?
- The actors discuss the need for films that showcase LA in a positive light