All week I’ve said it and I’ll say it again: Nicholas Stoller’s Neighbors is an extremely funny movie filled with laugh out loud sequences. You should definitely see it this weekend in a crowded theater. If you haven’t seen the trailers or read our previous coverage, the film stars Seth Rogen and Rose Byrne as a married couple with a newborn baby who must deal with a fraternity—fronted by Zac Efron—when it moves in next door. Neighbors also stars Dave Franco, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jake Johnson, Ike Barinholtz, Carla Gallo, Jerrod Carmichael, and Lisa Kudrow.
At the New York City press day, I landed an exclusive video interview with Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jarrod Carmichael. They talked about how much of their improvisation is done in the moment and how much is thought about in advance, how it’s great to do press when the movie is really good, a crazy deleted scene that featured Nick Offerman playing Mintz-Plasse’s dad, other deleted sex scenes, future projects, and more. Hit the jump to watch.
Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Jarrod Carmichael:
- After complimenting them on the film, I ask what do they want to talk about?
- How it’s great to do interviews when the movie is really good.
- How much of their improvisation is done in the moment and how much is thought about in advance?
- Mintz-Plasse talks about the crazy deleted scene that featured Nick Offerman playing his dad
- They each talk about future projects. Carmichael is about to record his comedy special being directed by Spike Lee and he recently did a pilot. Mintz-Plasse talks about his band, How to Train Your Dragon 2, and more.