Before this weekend’s Doctor Who panel at WonderCon, I got to speak with Neil Gaiman. The reason Gaiman was on the press line is that he wrote next season’s fourth episode called “The Doctor’s Wife.” While I didn’t ask him for any specifics about the story, he did talk about how he got involved in writing the episode, what he wanted to have happen, and he said his favorite line. In addition, Gaiman talked about how much he tweaked the script and we ended the interview talking about his future directing plans. Hit the jump to watch:
- How did he get connected to doing an episode of Doctor Who. Mentions that he talked about it on his blog and one thing led to another…
- 1:05 – How much of himself did he bring to Doctor Who. He explained that all he cared about was writing a great episode of Doctor Who. He said, “the last thing on my mind was can I pee in the corner here so this episode will smell like Neil.”
- 1:35 – Explains what he wanted to do in his episode
- 2:05 – How much did he tweak the script.
- 2:50 – Talks about his favorite lines of the episode
- 3:25 – What’s up with him directing