Posted below are just about the last of my video interviews that were done at this year’s Comic-Con.But rather than post each one as an individual article, I decided to group them together as they were done at the same time.
The other reason why I wanted to post them all together is that each person is a writer/director of their project and they were all produced by the same movie studio – Focus/Rogue Pictures.
Anyway, Neil Marshall was promoting “Doomsday,” Bryan Bertino was promoting “The Strangers,” and Robert Ben Garant and Tom Lennon “Balls of Fury.” I think you’ll enjoy all of them, highlights of what was said are above each interview. Of course a big thank you to everyone at Rogue/Focus for giving me some time with each of the filmmakers!
Neil Marshall – Doomsday
– what’s his comic-con adventure been like.
– I ask what’s the status of the film right now – is it done, how’s the editing, etc.
– He talks about doing more in camera visual effects and also says he’ll have 120 effects shots.
– Neil talks about the story for Doomsday.
– Talks about filming in Cape Town and the challenges of on-location shooting.
– The casting process – he talks about getting “real movie stars” like Malcolm McDowell and Bob Hoskins.
– I ask what is his favorite McDowell movie.
Bryan Bertino – The Strangers
– Talks about Comic-Con.
– What he likes to geek out over.
– He talks about The Strangers – the story, casting Scott and Liv and more.
Robert Ben Garant and Tom Lennon – Balls of Fury
– I make an ass out of myself by asking if they’d ever attended before.
– They talk about being comic book fans.
– Balls of Fury talk.
– Talk about being on stage in front of 6,000 people.
– They talk about last year and having the guy attack them while on stage.
– Reno 911! Talk, The State DVD talk and more Balls of Fury talk.