A few minutes before hitting the CinemaCon stage to present some great-looking footage from Michael Bay’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, I managed to get a few minutes on the red carpet with actors Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor. In the film, Peltz plays Mark Wahlberg’s daughter and Reynor plays her boyfriend. During the interview, they talked about their experience working with Bay, filming the action sequences, how they were given 20 minutes-notice for once scene in which they had to run away from a bunch of massive practical explosions, whether the third act of Age of Extinction is non-stop action like the last Transformers movie, and other projects like Bates Motel and Macbeth. Hit the jump to watch.
Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor:
- :08 – Working with Michael Bay. Talk about focusing on the characters while expanding it into a spectacle.
- 1:04 – Filming the action sequences. Peltz says “He’s actually blowing everything up.”
- 1:23 – Talk about a scene with a bunch of explosions that they didn’t know they were filming until 20 minutes before they shot it.
- 2:15 – Peltz talks about filming action sequences while wearing heels.
- 2:40 – Is the third act non-stop action like that last Transformers movie?
- 3:15 – Future projects. Talk about Bates Motel and Macbeth.