Nicolas Cage has signed on to star in Medallion, an action thriller not dissimilar to 2008’s Taken. The story centers on “a former master thief (Cage), who has only a few hours to find his daughter when she is kidnapped and locked in the trunk of a New York medallion taxi cab.” Simon West (When a Stranger Calls) is on board as director with a script from David Guggenheim.
The project has making the rounds for a while. Heat Vision links Clive Owen and Jason Statham to the lead role in prior iterations. Medallion represents a reunion between West and Cage, who last teamed for Con Air in 1997.
Hit the jump for a look at Cage’s upcoming slate.
- Season of the Witch: 14th-century knights (played by Cage and Ron Perlman) must transport a suspected witch (Claire Foy) to a monastery (January 7, 2011)
- Drive Angry: a 3D revenge flick which co-stars Amber Heard, William Fichtner, Billy Burke, and David Morse (February 11, 2011)
- Hungry Rabbit Jumps: Cage becomes entangled with an underground vigilante organization after his wife (January Jones) is the victim of a brutal crime
- Trespass: a wealthy husband and wife (Cage and Nicole Kidman) fall victim to a home invasion
- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance: the sequel to the 2007 comic book film; Mark Neveldine and Brian Taylor (Crank) will direct
West’s next film, The Mechanic, hits theaters January 28, 2011.