I’m a huge fan of Nicolas Cage. No matter the movie, there is always something unique about his performance and I really think he’s one of the best actors in the business. So when I found out I’d landed an exclusive interview with the great actor at WonderCon, I’ll admit to being very excited.
While I didn’t have a lot of time, we were still able to talk about his history with comic books, what would he look for on the convention floor if he was left alone, how did The Sorcerer’s Apprentice come together and he tells some behind the scenes stories, and I asked him about the rumors that he thought about shaving his head and getting tattoos for Drive Angry. Hit the jump to watch the interview:
And one last thing before watching…in case you think Cage is trying to do a Batman voice, he had laryngitis, so give him credit for still doing the interview!
- If he could be anonymous and walk the convention floor what would he look for and what would he collect
- Talks about how he learned to read by reading comic books
- 1:20 – Which comics did he love growing up. Talks about monster comic books
- 2:00 – How did he prepare for Sorcerer’s Apprentice
- 2:50 – I talk about how Jay Baruchel did imitations of him and what was that like for him
- 3:30 – Tells a story about one of the times
- 4:00 – What was it like to be able to make a movie inspired by Fantasia. Talks about how he got the project together and the behind the scenes
- 5:30 – Producer Mike De Luca told me that Cage originally wanted to shave his head and get tattoos for Drive Angry. I ask if that was true.