Back in March 2012, director Nicolas Winding Refn said his follow up to Drive would be the horror-thriller I Walk with the Dead starring Carey Mulligan. Not much is known about the project, but Refn said that he wanted to “make a movie with lots of sex.” Word on the film went quiet as Refn focused more on Only God Forgives and then seven months ago he told The London Evening Standard [via The Playlist] that he had brought on playwright Polly Stenham to pen the script.
Now it looks like he’s ready to move forward with the project. Hit the jump for his confirmation.
This morning, Refn tweeted out the following:
The silence has been broken my next film will be I WALK WITH THE DEAD shooting in LA
— Nicolas Winding Refn (@NicolasWR) June 6, 2014
Hopefully, this means that shooting will be underway soon and that we could get a new Refn film as soon as 2015.
However, it’s unknown if Mulligan is still attached. Last year, she was the frontrunner to star in the Hillary Clinton biopic Rodham, but she turned it down. Since then, there hasn’t been any word on her signing on to new movies, although she did have a great 2013 with The Great Gatsby being a box office hit and Inside Llewyn Davis receiving loads of critical acclaim. I’d certainly like to see her re-team with Refn, so hopefully she’s still on board.