Noomi Rapace on Beating People Up in ‘Unlocked’, Discovering Shaw’s Fate in ‘Alien: Covenant’
You don’t mess with Noomi Rapace. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo star has become a bonafide action star, beating up drug dealers, corporate goons, Cockney thugs and aliens indiscriminately. In her latest feature, Unlocked, Rapace stars as a CIA interrogator framed for a pending biological attack in London. A quick word of advice for future film terrorists and CIA turncoats: if you’re going to frame someone for a terrorist attack, perhaps you don’t pick Noomi Rapace. I mean – anybody else would probably be better, that is if you want to survive the duration of a ninety-something minute film. Otherwise – you’re either going to be shot in the face, kicked off a tall building, choked, stabbed, punched, impaled or shot (have I mentioned shot yet? It bears repeating). See Unlocked for filmic proof.
- Noomi Rapace on her research process into the CIA.
- The biggest misconceptions about the CIA.
- How the script for Unlocked changed when she came on board.
- How actors and interrogators are basically the same.
- On what parts she looks for.
- How growing up outside the US effected her view on the CIA
- The stunt work involved in beating people up
- The differences in fighting in US versus Foreign films.
- Learning of Shaw’s fate in Alien: Covenant.