While our attention is mainly on Star Wars: Episode VII (as it should be), we have to keep in mind that in addition to the sequels, we’re also getting spin-offs. Personally, I wish these spin-offs would expand the universe with new characters and new worlds, but early rumors indicate that the focus will be on established characters such as Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Yoda. Now another spin-off rumor has surfaced, and it claims that an Obi-Wan Kenobi will have his own movie. “For the spin-off movies they were initially going to stay away from any Jedi or Sith characters,” reports Making Star Wars, “But I’m hearing now that because of the popularity of Obi-Wan (fans recently voting for him on the official website etc) that an art team is now working with a writer on concepts for an Obi-Wan movie.”
Hit the jump for new rumors on Star Wars: Episode VII. However, be warned that these rumors for Episode VII could be possible spoilers.
Making Star Wars confirms the oft-repeated rumor that Episode VII will have a “Search for Luke” plotline, but stresses that Luke has only been missing for ten years, not thirty-five as other sites have reported.
Moving on, Adam Driver’s character might have a connection to Count Dooku. Episode VII may be introducing an aristocratic line of villains, and Making Star Wars “firmly believes it’s the line of Dooku.” Making Star Wars also notes that “the idea of an aristocratic villain with a heritage going back to the Clone Wars has been there from pre-production and as far as I know it’s still a major part of the story.”
We’ll also be taking a trip to the Sith world of “Moraband”. The planet’s name has changed over the course of production, but a source in England (where the movie is being shot) confirms there are sets for a “Sith world”.
Finally, in a fun reminder that we still don’t know any new character’s name, here are a few code names being kicked around for Daisy Ridley’s character: Kira, Kera, Sera, and Fawn. One of those does not sound strong. Hint: it’s the one that’s a word for a baby deer.
And if you’d like to check out even more of our recent Star Wars: Episode VII coverage, click here or use the links below.
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Elements Could Pop Up in STAR WARS REBELS; Daisy Ridley’s Costume Revealed?
- STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Set Pics Reveal Life-Sized Millenium Falcon and X-Wing Ships
- Rumor: STAR WARS Sequels to “Redefine Longform Storytelling”; Will Integrate Cartoons, Books, Comics
- Adam Driver Highlights the Importance of Keeping STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Grounded
- Rian Johnson Talks STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII; Praises the Use of Practical Effects on EPISODE VII
- Rumor: Han Solo’s STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Costumes Revealed; More Details on His New Ship
- Rumor: STAR WARS EPISODE 7 Villains Revealed, Will Some Old Faces Pop Up?