Joeseph Kosinski‘s new Tom Cruise and Morgan Freeman starrer Oblivion is the rarest of all things, a big budget scifi film aimed squarely at adults. While the trailers might seem like they give away the whole movie, I assure you they only scratch the surface. Things get really weird and far more ambitious than the I Am Legend-style one sheet implies.
Last week Collider sat down with Freeman to discuss his small but pivotal role. During the interview, Freeman talked about the difficulty of always being a world leader in films, getting a demotion in Olympus has Fallen, what he looks for in a role, the importance of yawning, how to get a more mellifluous voice and much.
- Does he ever get tired of playing the leader of the world
- Is there a difference between playing the President and Speaker of the House
- Having Americans playing insurgents in films
- How the film shows drone warfare and it feels very relevant to what’s going on today
- Did he model his character on anyone
- Talks about wanting to work with Tom Cruise
- How he only has a few scenes
- Any secrets to having a great speaking voice