With director Robert Schwentke’s Divergent sequel, Insurgent, opening last weekend, I recently sat down with Octavia Spencer for an exclusive interview. She talked about what it was like on the set of the sequel, working with the great cast, how director Robert Schwentke likes meat and cigars, voicing a character in B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations, director Gabriele Muccino’s Fathers and Daughters, and more.
In The Divergent Series: Insurgent, the second in what will be a four-film adaptation of author Veronica Roth’s dystopian sci-fi series, the principal characters are on the run in the fringes of society and searching for answers after breaking open the world as they knew it. The film stars Shailene Woodley, Theo James Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Naomi Watts, Jai Courtney, Kate Winslet, Daniel Dae Kim, Maggie Q, Ray Stevenson, and Zoe Kravitz. For more on the film, watch the trailers.
Here’s Spencer followed by bullet points of what we talked about.
- What was the energy like on set? Talks about how she is a fangirl of the series.
- Getting to work with the great cast.
- Talks about how director Robert Schwentke likes meat and cigars.
- What can she say about voicing a character in B.O.O.: Bureau of Otherworldly Operations.
- Talks about Fathers and Daughters.