Currently playing in theaters is Roman Polanski’s great movie Ghost Writer. Starring Ewan McGregor, Pierce Brosnan, Kim Catrall, Olivia Williams, Tom Wilkinson, Timothy Hutton, & Eli Wallach., the film is about a gifted author (McGregor) that’s hired to ghostwrite the memoirs of a controversial former British Prime Minister (Brosnan). Soon after, he becomes a hunted man as he uncovers explosive secrets about the Prime Minister’s past.
To help promote the film, I recently spoke to Olivia Williams in New York City as she plays the wife of Pierce Brosnan. During the interview we reminisce about how she appeared on Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg’s Spaced, how she got involved in Ghost Writer, Dollhouse, Joss Whedon, and a lot more. Check out what she had to say after the jump:
Again, Ghost Writer is a great movie that’s definitely worth your time.
- Talks about how she got cast on Spaced and did she really ask M. Night if she could do it
- How did she get involved in Ghost Writer
- Working for Roman Polanski – tells some good behind the scenes stories
- Does he do a lot of takes
- How important is the rehearsal process for her
- Dollhouse talk – what was it like working for Joss Whedon
- What’s the one thing that would surprise people about Joss Whedon
- What does she have coming up