You might have caught the “Would You Rather” supercut featuring Ava DuVernay, Storm Reid, Chris Pine, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Oprah Winfrey, Reese Witherspoon and Mindy Kaling, but now it’s time to narrow the focus to just the Mrs. Ws in particular. We had a great time discovering Winfrey’s very impressive fake sneeze abilities, but we also got to talking about topics that have some serious weight throughout the industry right now – original stories vs. films based on existing source material, and also the rise of the streaming service and if they’d rather work on a filming getting a theatrical release or one hitting a streaming platform.
You can catch those discussions in my full interview with Winfrey, Witherspoon and Kaling in the video at the top of this article, and you can also see the trio as the Mrs. Ws in A Wrinkle in Time this weekend. The movie stars Reid as Meg Murray, an extremely bright middle school student who’s having a tough time fitting in while struggling to cope with the disappearance of her father (Pine). But finally hope comes in the form of Mrs. Whatsit (Witherspoon), Mrs. Who (Kaling) and Mrs. Which (Winfrey), who have the ability to take Meg, her younger brother Charles Wallace (Deric McCabe) and her classmate Calvin (Levi Miller) on an out-of-this-world journey to track down her father.
For more A Wrinkle in Time coverage, browse the links below:
- Would Ava DuVernay Rather Direct a Marvel Movie or a ‘Star Wars’ Movie?
- Watch: ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ Star Oprah Winfrey Is a Fake Sneeze Pro
- Kimberly Kimble on Ava DuVernay & Styling Hair to Reveal Character in ‘A Wrinkle in Time’
- Storm Reid on ‘A Wrinkle in Time’ and the Advice She Got from Oprah
- Zach Galifianakis on Disney’s ‘A Wrinkle in Time’; Confirms Season 4 of FX’s ‘Baskets’