With director Paul W.S. Anderson’s The Three Musketeers opening October 21, Summit Entertainment held a big press junket in London and I got the chance to head across the pond to interview the cast. Based on Alexandre Dumas’ classic story, The Three Musketeers stars Logan Lerman, Luke Evans, Ray Stevenson, Milla Jovovich, Orlando Bloom, Christoph Waltz, Matthew Macfayden and Mads Mikkelsen. In the reboot, “the hot-headed young D’Artagnan (Lerman) joins forces with three rogue Musketeers (MacFadyen, Evans and Stevenson). They must stop the evil Richlieu (Waltz) and face off with Buckingham (Bloom) and the treacherous Milady (Jovovich).” And unlike many films that have been post converted for a 3D release, the Musketeers was shot in 3D and it looks great. For more on the film, here’s eight clips.
During my wide ranging interview with Bloom, he talked about getting involved in Musketeers and what it was like to play a villain, the amazing real world locations, 3D, the last video game he’s played, karaoke and you can see him try and flip the interview around on me. In addition, Bloom talked about what it’s like to play Legolas again in Peter Jackson’s upcoming Hobbit movies (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again) and when he’ll be filming. Hit the jump to watch.
- Bloom tries to turn the interview into him asking me questions…I don’t let him
- What’s his go to karaoke song
- What’s the last video game he’s played
- How did he get involved in the project and he also talks about playing a bad guy
- Talks about how much fun he had playing a bad guy
- How it’s a reimagining of The Three Musketeers
- The amazing real world locations they got to film in and which was his favorite
- The Hobbit talk. When is he filming and how is he going to play Legolas younger when he’s aged 10 years
- What’s been his experience with 3D cameras on both The Hobbit and The Three Musketeers