Director Sam Raimi returns to the world of epic, big-budget filmmaking with this March’s Wizard of Oz prequel Oz the Great and Powerful, and Disney is hoping that the same audience that turned out for their 2010 iteration of Alice in Wonderland will be keen to check out Raimi’s VFX-heavy world of Oz. We’ve seen quite a bit of colorful marketing for the film thus far by way of images, TV spots, trailers, and posters, but Disney is also taking a more interesting approach to advertising the film by teaming up with the folks at Google Chrome.
This new Chrome Experiment is called “Find Your Way to Oz,” and it’s essentially a heavily interactive website that allows fans to explore the world of the film. Most of the website takes place at a circus, and fans can play games, creative their own music and videos, and even confront a giant tornado before ultimately unlocking some exclusive clips from the film. Hit the jump to watch a preview video and to discover out how you can find your own way to Oz. Oz the Great and Powerful opens in 3D on March 8th.
First off, if you missed any of Steve’s set visit coverage, peruse the links below:
- 30 Things to Know About Sam Raimi’s OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL From Our Set Visit; Plus Video Blog Recap
- Sam Raimi Talks Pulling Material from Baum’s Books, Crafting the Look of Oz, Not Tarnishing the Original, & More on the Set of OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- Michelle Williams Talks Creating Her Own Glinda, Working with Sam Raimi, and More on the Set of OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- James Franco Talks Why He Signed on, His Reaction to Seeing the Yellow Brick Road, Plant Omens, and More on the Set of OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- Zach Braff Talks Working on a Large-Scale Epic, Collaborating with Sam Raimi, 3D Technology, and More on the Set of OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
- Joey King Talks Playing Two Characters, Making Adults Put Money in a Swear Jar, and More on the Set of OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL
Watch a preview video for “Find Your Way to Oz” below, and visit the website at findyourwaytooz.com.
Here’s the official synopsis for Oz the Great and Powerful:
Disney’s fantastical adventure “Oz The Great and Powerful,” directed by Sam Raimi, imagines the origins of L. Frank Baum’s beloved wizard character. When Oscar Diggs (James Franco), a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he’s hit the jackpot—fame and fortune are his for the taking—that is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone’s been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late. Putting his magical arts to use through illusion, ingenuity—and even a bit of wizardry—Oscar transforms himself not only into the great wizard but into a better man as well.