With the slow leak of images from such highly-anticipated blockbusters as Guillermo del Toro’s Pacific Rim and Marc Webb’s The Amazing Spider-Man 2, we thought we’d group the latest releases together for you in one place. One features a skeleton of a giant monster while the other reveals a uniform from the Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane. I’ll let you guess which one belongs with which movie.
Starring Charlie Hunnam, Rinko Kikuchi, Idris Elba, Charlie Day and Ron Perlman, Pacific Rim opens in 3D on July 12th. Starring Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone,Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Shailene Woodley, Paul Giamatti, Felicity Jones, Chris Cooper, Sally Field and Colm Feore, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2, 2014. Hit the jump to check out the new images.
Here’s the newest image from Pacific Rim, courtesy of WB’s Twitter:
Click here to get caught up on all of our previous and continuing coverage of Pacific Rim. Here’s the official synopsis:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes—a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)—who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
And here’s the latest image from The Amazing Spider-Man 2, tweeted by Webb himself:
Here’s the official synopsis for The Amazing Spider-Man 2:
In The Amazing Spider-Man™ 2, for Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), life is busy – between taking out the bad guys as Spider-Man and spending time with the person he loves, Gwen (Emma Stone), high school graduation can’t come quickly enough. Peter hasn’t forgotten about the promise he made to Gwen’s father to protect her by staying away – but that’s a promise he just can’t keep. Things will change for Peter when a new villain, Electro (Jamie Foxx), emerges, an old friend, Harry Osborn (Dane DeHaan), returns, and Peter uncovers new clues about his past.
Click here to catch up on all of our Amazing Spider-Man 2 coverage, or peruse the recent links below.
- First Image of Colm Feore in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Set Photo of Ravencroft Institute for the Criminally Insane from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Emma Stone and Shailene Woodley Film First Scene Together in Images from the Set of THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Dane DeHaan Talks THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2; Says the Script is “Epic” and “People Are Going to Love It”
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Set Images and Video Feature Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane, the Daily Bugle and an Upside-Down Car Stunt
- More Set Images from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Show the First Look at Sally Field, Plus Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker
- First Look at Shailene Woodley as Mary Jane in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 [Updated with Images of Spidey and Andrew Garfield]
- Chris Cooper to Play Norman Osborn in THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- Check Out Spidey’s New Costume for THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Director Marc Webb Tweets First Look at Spidey’s New Mask…Sort Of
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 Synopsis Revealed, Paul Giamatti and Colm Feore Confirmed