The Fall 2012 TV season began in earnest this week, with most shows having their series/season premieres. Here’s a brief glance at the highlights:
- CBS’ Sherlock Holmes update Elementary debuted strong with a 3.1 rating in the 18-49 demo for 13.41 million viewers.
- Also at CBS, The Big Bang Theory scored its highest rated season premiere ever with a 5.0 rating and a solid 15.66 million viewers.
- Things weren’t all rosy at The Eye, however, as Hawaii Five-0 was way down with a 1.8 rating. That’s a significant drop from last year’s season premiere rating of 3.4 in the coveted 18-49 demo.
- NBC’s J.J. Abrams-produced drama Revolution saw an unsurprising drop in viewers from last week’s season premiere, though the 3.4 rating with 9.21 million viewers shows a healthy hold from last week’s 4.1 rating.
- Unfortunately, ABC’s excellent pilot for Last Resort debuted to a slightly disappointing 2.2 rating with 9.31 million viewers.
Hit the jump for the TV ratings for the week of September 23 – 29, including New Girl, Parks and Recreation, Grimm, Fringe, South Park, Sons of Anarchy, Castle, and much more.