A new poster has been released for The Hangover Part III along with a new international poster for The Wolverine. The Hangover poster has the wolf pack dressed to kill, or at least bludgeon severely. Also, I just realized that Stu’s face tattoo was gone. I’ll chalk that up to A) The Hangover Part II being incredibly forgettable, and B) I don’t think laser tattoo-removal has reached the point where it wouldn’t leave any trace of a scar. People who have had tattoos removed: is that possible? As for The Wolverine poster, it’s not great, but it’s miles better than the other posters except for the teaser.
Hit the jump to check out the posters. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th. The Wolverine opens in 3D on July 26th.
Warner Bros. has released a new trailer for The Hangover Part III. The first trailer almost made the movie look like an action flick, but now we’re getting a look at the comedy and the plot. In the series’ final installment, Stu (Ed Helms), Phil (Bradley Cooper), and Doug (Justin Bartha) are taking Alan (Zach Galifianakis) to a psychiatric hospital, but the gang is side-trekked when a mysterious man (John Goodman) kidnaps Doug and forces the wolf pack to track down Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong), who stole $21 million from Goodman’s character. There are some good laughs in here, so hopefully the trilogy will go out on a high note.
Hit the jump to watch the new trailer and to check out a few new posters. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Zach Galifianakis, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, Heather Graham, John Goodman, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, and Jeffrey Tambor. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th.
As of today, a few new film posters have been released online. Briefly:
- The Hangover Part III – A new poster for director Todd Phillips’s third franchise installment, featuring the tagline “It Ends,” has arrived five days before the next theatrical trailer. The film, which is set for release on May 24th, features returning stars Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, Heather Graham, Jeffrey Tambor, and a newly featured John Goodman as the Wolfpack’s official antagonist.
- CBGB – A few new posters for Randy Miller’s new film based on New York’s eponymous club, reveals that the film will feature music from artists including The Police, The Talking Heads, and many more. Featuring a cast that includes Alan Rickman, Malin Akerman (Watchmen), Johnny Galecki, and Ashley Greene, the poster reads “50,000 Bands And 1 Disgusting Bathroom,” as if we needed any reminders about the criminal lack of hygiene at clubs. CBGB’s 2013 release date is still TBA.
- Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters – A new poster for Thor Freudenthal’s (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) first film in the franchise reveals an ominous dark sea with a giant whirlpool resembling Charybdis from The Odyssey. Set for release on August 16th, the film boasts a large cast that includes Logan Lerman, Nathan Fillion, Alexandra Daddario, and Stanley Tucci.
- Fast & Furious 6 – The latest poster for Justin Lin’s sequel showcases the film’s cast, which includes Vin Diesel, Dwayne Johnson, Paul Walker, and Michelle Rodriguez. The film opens on May 24th.
Hit the jump for a look at the posters and synopses.
Warner Bros. has released a batch of new high-resolution images from some upcoming summer films. Briefly:
- The Hangover Part III – A new image from Todd Phillips’ trilogy-closer teases a familiar scene as Zach Galifianakis, Bradley Cooper, and Ed Helms ride an elevator. The film opens on May 24th.
- The Great Gatsby – A couple of new images from director Baz Luhrmann’s colorful adaptation highlight Leonardo DiCaprio’s titular character flanked by his new friends. The film also stars Carey Mulligan, Tobey Maguire, and Joel Edgerton and opens in 3D on May 10th.
- The Conjuring – Director James Wan’s new horror film debuted a ridiculously creepy teaser trailer earlier last month, and these new images feature Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga’s psychic investigator characters. The film also stars Lili Taylor and Ron Livingston and opens on July 19th.
- Getaway – A new image from this car-set thriller gives us a canted look at Ethan Hawke and Selena Gomez’s lead characters. The film opens on August 30th.
Hit the jump to check out the images and synopses.
I realize that it’s a little too March to be discussing my favorite holiday gifts, but I only recently had the opportunity to dive into one of mine and, as a result, I feel the need to share it’s greatness with our readers. The ESPN 30 for 30 Collector’s Set Blu-ray is an outstanding collection of sports documentaries that is rife with social commentary and almost sure to have something for sports and/or documentary fans alike. Before I get accused of paid programming, I’ll disclaim that all thirty of its films aren’t home runs (that’s right, a sports pun). Moreover, I’m fairly sure that all of the series’ entries are available to watch instantly on Netflix right now making the physical collection redundant for some. Regardless of how you partake, I encourage you to sift through the series, find a topic that interests you, and give it a shot.
All recommendations aside, this week’s Top 5 features a healthy portion of Iron Man 3 coverage (including the new trailer), Oz the Great and Powerful interviews with Sam Raimi, James Franco, Mila Kunis, and more, the first trailer for The Hangover Part III, a sizable Justice League movie rumor, and the new trailer and poster for Will Smith and Jaden Smith‘s After Earth. As you may be expecting, a brief recap and link for each of the above waits after the jump.
The first trailer for director Todd Phillips’ comedy sequel The Hangover Part III has been released. Billed with the tagline “It All Ends”, and Stu threatening to burn Las Vegas to the ground, the trailer for Part III comes off more like an action movie than a comedy. There are some jokes (the trailer closes with a great one), but more than anything, it looks like Warner Bros. is trying to push the idea that the trilogy’s conclusion won’t be a retread like The Hangover Part II. Let’s hope so.
Hit the jump to watch the trailer. The film stars Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Ken Jeong, Heather Graham, Jamie Chung, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, Jeffrey Tambor and Melissa McCarthy. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th.
Warner Bros. has unveiled the first poster for director Todd Phillips’ trilogy capper The Hangover Part III, and it’s a pretty great take on another wildly popular Warner Bros. franchise. The one sheet features a battle-worn Zach Galifianakis and Ken Jeong face to face below the tagline “It All Ends,” which is a nice reference to the posters for the final film in the Harry Potter series. The poster also teases a return to Las Vegas, though it appears that the Wolfpack has done quite a bit of damage there. It’s crazy to think that we’ve still yet to see a trailer for a movie this big that opens in a mere two months, but WB is finally set to change that tomorrow.
Hit the jump to take a look at the poster, and check back here on Collider tomorrow to see the first trailer. The film also stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha, John Goodman, Jamie Chung, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, Jeffrey Tambor and Melissa McCarthy. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th.
Warner Bros. has released a couple of new images from director Todd Phillips’ upcoming sequel The Hangover Part III. It’s hard to believe that the film comes out in just three months and we’ve yet to see so much as a teaser trailer, but I have a feeling that’s going to change soon. I wouldn’t be shocked if the first trailer for the pic was attached to WB’s Jack the Giant Slayer next week, so hopefully we see some actual footage soon. For now, take a gander at these new images which feature The Wolf Pack together again and an ominous shot of Ken Jeong’s Leslie Chow.
Hit the jump to take a look at the images. The film also stars Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Heather Graham, Justin Bartha, John Goodman, Jamie Chung, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, Jeffrey Tambor and Melissa McCarthy. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24th.
Identity Thief is the hilarious new comedy, from director Seth Gordon (Horrible Bosses) and screenwriter Craig Mazin (The Hangover 2), that follows what happens to a regular guy when he is forced to extreme measures to clear his name after a woman who loves to live it up steals his identity and ruins his life. When Sandy Bigelow Patterson (Jason Bateman) is accused of a series of crimes, the innocent man realizes that a woman named Diana (Melissa McCarthy) is using his ID to do and buy whatever strikes her fancy, and decides to track the woman down and confront her, in order to get his life and name back.
At the film’s press day, Craig Mazin spoke to Collider for this exclusive interview about how he came to the project, collaborating with Jason Bateman on the idea and tone for the film, and how it affects his writing process to know which actors he’s writing for. He also talked about the experience of being a part of the highly successful The Hangover franchise, whether he and Todd Phillips took the criticism of the second film into account when writing The Hangover Part III, making films for audiences to enjoy, and the animated feature Turkeys (featuring the voices of Amy Poehler, Owen Wilson and Woody Harrelson), which he’s writing and producing.
As 2012 winds down to a close, it’s tough to see us having another year filled with so many good movies anytime soon. Nevertheless, looking to 2013 there’s certainly reason to be excited, and what better way to kick off the new year than to take a look at what 2013 has in store for us by way of blockbuster filmmaking? We’ve compiled a list of 20 “blockbusters” to look forward to in the coming year, and the resulting preview teases some promisingly diverse fare. Naturally there’s no lack of superhero movies headed our way, but we’ve also got a great mix of exciting entries in horror, comedy, sci-fi, and drama to look forward to. Hit the jump to take a look at our 2013 Blockbuster Preview.
Though we’ve seen set photos aplenty from the anticipated upcoming sequels The Hangover Part III and Red 2, the first official images from both films have now landed online. The images from the third and presumably final entry in the Hangover trilogy promise more madness, as we see an Abbey Road-ish pic of The Wolfpack (ie. Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms, Justin Bartha, and Bradley Cooper) set against the silhouette of Las Vegas. Though we’ll definitely see the group travel back to Vegas in the sequel, the city is “just one of their stops,” so we’re (hopefully) not in for yet another rehash of the first film.
As for the Red sequel, Galaxy Quest helmer Dean Parisot steps into the director’s chair this time around, and this first image gives us a look at Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, and John Malkovich striking the “cool guys don’t look at explosions” pose. Hit the jump to check out images from both films and for story details regarding The Hangover 3 from director Todd Phillips. The Hangover Part III opens on May 24, 2013, while Red 2 hits theaters on August 2, 2013.
New images for The Hangover Part III have gone online courtesy of writer/direct Todd Phillips’ Instagram account. They feature behind-the-scenes shots of stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Justin Bartha, Zach Galifianakis, Ken Jeong and John Goodman in various states of repose. If the images are any indication, Phillips will use a number of hipster-approved filters and shoot the movie at risky angles (and a scene at a funeral?).
The Hangover Part III follows the guys on a road trip to Tijuana this time around and also stars Heather Graham, Jamie Chung, Mike Epps, Mike Tyson, Jeffrey Tambor and Melissa McCarthy. The Hangover Part III is slated for May 24th, 2013. Hit the jump to check out the new images.
We’ve got a few interesting set photos to share this afternoon. Briefly:
- The Hangover Part III – We previously knew that director Todd Phillips’ trilogy closer would at least be spending some time in Las Vegas, and this image shows Zach Galifianakis and Ed Helms filming scenes inside Caesar’s Palace.
- Dom Hemingway – Star Jude Law is looking plenty intimidating as the lead opposite Madalina Ghenea in this crime comedy about a safe-cracker who gets out of prisoner and sets out to obtain what he’s owed.
- Horns – Daniel Radcliffe stars as a young man who wakes up to find himself accused of the violent rape and murder of his girlfriend and sprouting horns on his head. Harry Potter looks sufficiently troublesome in these set photos as fights back against a couple of cops.
Hit the jump to check out the set photos.
Leading up to its release, some people deemed Bridesmaids “The Hangover with girls.” While audiences soon realized that Paul Feig’s film is quite different from Todd Phillips’ debauchery-fueled comedy, Bridesmaids standout Melissa McCarthy is now eyeing a crossover into The Wolfpack of sorts. McCarthy is apparently in discussions for a small role in The Hangover Part III, combining the Bridesmaids and Hangover forces once and for all. Though her busy schedule could possibly prevent her from signing on, the actress is ridiculously talented and her involvement with The Hangover sequel—however small—would be very much welcomed. Hit the jump for more.
Production has begun on The Hangover Part III, and the first set photos have leaked online. There’s nothing to revelatory here other than Alan (Zach Galifianakis) has decided not to keep his bald-monk look from Part II. In addition to lead actors Ed Helms and Bradley Cooper, the photos also show off the wolf pack’s wives, Stephanie (Gillian Vigman), Lauren (Jamie Chung), and Tracy (Sasha Barrese). Presumably, they have many disapproving stares to give.
Hit the jump to check out the images. The film also stars Justin Bartha, Ken Jeong, Heather Graham, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Goodman. The Hangover Part III opens May 24, 2013.