The latest effort from Hammer Films, The Quiet Ones, isn’t due out until April 25th, but we have three character motion posters to put you in the mood right now. John Pogue directs this horror film, based on true events, that finds a university professor and his students participating in an experiment with a troubled young girl, and unwittingly unleashing dark forces. The motion posters, which are delightfully creepy, feature the principal cast of Jared Harris, Sam Claflin, and Olivia Cooke. Erin Richards and Rory Fleck-Byrne also star. Hit the jump to check out the motion posters.
As you would expect from the Muppets, the Muppets Most Wanted marketing campaign satirizes Hollywood’s marketing cliches. A new set of international posters follows suit and parodies posters for Skyfall, The World Is Not Enough, Face/Off, and (surprisingly, wonderfully) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. There are naturally some fun fake titles (Animal Piggy Frog Spy) and clever redesigns, but all I need is Kermit’s finger guns.
Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, and Tina Fey star alongside the Muppets in the sequel directed by James Bobin. Muppets Most Wanted opens March 21. Check out the posters after the break.
I hope you’re hungry for more of Michael Bay’s Transformers: Age of Extinction, because the hits just keep on comin’! In addition to the recently released trailer and a preview of our visit to the set, Paramount has released character posters featuring Mark Wahlberg, Jack Reynor, and Nicola Peltz. Now, we’ve got a look at the head honcho of the Autobots, Optimus Prime himself! Plus, a new viral site has popped up and it already features some bonus content!
Also starring Kelsey Grammer, Stanley Tucci, T.J. Miller, Titus Welliver, Han Geng, Sophia Myles, and Li Bingbing. Transformers: Age of Extinction opens June 27th. Hit the jump to check out the full-size poster of Optimus Prime.
Ahead of today’s new trailer debut, Paramount has unveiled a pair of new character posters for director Michael Bay’s fourth Transformers film, Transformers: Age of Extinction. Yesterday we got a look at Mark Wahlberg’s character wielding a swordgun on his personal poster, but today’s character posters are decidedly less tame and boast the clichéd tagline, “The Rules Have Changed”. Jack Reynor plays Shane in the film, a “bad-boy-with-boyfriend-potential,” while Nicola Peltz (Bates Motel) plays Wahlberg’s daughter Tessa. We should have a much better idea of the plot when the new trailer debuts later today, but for now we get a nice introduction to the film’s human characters.
Hit the jump to take a look at the new posters and check back here on Collider tonight at 7:30pm ET to watch the new trailer. Transformers: Age of Extinction opens on June 27th. [Update: Michael Bay has also released a short, 10-second video revealing the title sequence for the film, which is now included after the jump.]
Sony Pictures has released a pair of new motion posters for director Marc Webb’s upcoming sequel The Amazing Spider-Man 2. While the character of Spider-Man easily lends himself to the idea of a motion poster, these are more like short Vines that end with a still poster image. Nevertheless, if you’re itching to see more of Spidey’s web slinging in action, these should sufficiently appease that desire. Webb was recently confirmed to return to helm The Amazing Spider-Man 3, and all signs are pointing to The Amazing Spider-Man 2 setting up a gallery of villains that may or may not be explored in further entries from Sony’s planned Spider-Man movie universe.
Hit the jump to take a look at the motion posters. The film stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, Sally Field, Chris Cooper, Felicity Jones, and Paul Giamatti. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 opens in 3D on May 2nd.
Like the recent trailer, a batch of new posters for the fourth season of Game of Thrones seems bent on preparing us for an onslaught of characters deaths. The tagline “All Men Must Die” is translation of “Valar morghulis”, which is the High Valyrian taught to Arya Stark (Maisie Williams) by Jaqen H’ghar (Tom Wlaschiha) in season two. The previous set of posters focused on the Lanisters, and now the rest of the cast is getting their close-ups. If you’re like me and haven’t read the books, how many of these poor sods are going to make it to season five.
Hit the jump to check out the posters. The show also stars Peter Dinklage, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Charles Dance, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aiden Turner, Iain Glen, Rose Leslie, Carice Van Houten, Alfie Allen, Diana Rigg, Natalie Dormer, Kit Harington, Sophie Turner, and Isaac Hempstead Wright. New cast this season include Pedro Pascal, Michiel Huisman and Indira Varma. Game of Thrones returns on April 6th at 9pm on HBO.
Today, we’ve got five new character posters from Robert Rodriguez’s upcoming TV series, From Dusk Till Dawn. Each of the posters features an action pose of cast members D.J. Cotrona, Zane Holtz, Don Johnson, Robert Patrick, Jesse Garcia, Brandon Soo Hoo, Eiza Gonzalez, and Wilmer Valderrama in turn. In case you missed the series’ trailer, Cotrona and Holtz star as the Gecko Brothers, two bank robbers on the run from the law who take a family hostage. Along the way, they inadvertently stumble into a strip club full of vampires and must fight for their lives until dawn breaks.
From Dusk Till DawnHit the jump to take a look at the new character posters.
The LEGO Movie was massive hit with both audiences and critics when it opened last weekend, and deservingly so given that the film is an absolute joy to take in. I’ll be shocked if it doesn’t make the Best Animated Feature shortlist for next year’s Oscars, but before we start talking about the 2015 ceremony, we’ve got this year’s Academy Awards to take care of. In a bit of zeitgeist synergy, the posters for all nine of this year’s Best Picture nominees have been recreated in LEGO form, making for a pretty amusing series of one-sheets. It’s shaping up to be one of the closest Best Picture races in years, with Gravity and 12 Years a Slave in a virtual tie for first and American Hustle playing the very possible spoiler. We’ve still got a few weeks to go before the awards season comes to a close, but for now take some delight in seeing LEGO-fied versions of the nominees, complete with American Hustle’s plunging necklines.
Hit the jump to take a look at some of the posters. The 2014 Oscars will be hosted by Ellen Degeneres on Sunday, March 2nd.
A few new posters have landed online. Briefly:
- Transcendence – The first poster for director Wally Pfister’s ambitious sci-fi pic visualizes how Johnny Depp’s lead character uploads his consciousness into a dangerous computer. If you missed it, click here to watch the debut trailer and look for a new trailer tomorrow evening. The film opens in traditional theaters and IMAX on April 17th.
- Under the Skin – A wonderfully stylish domestic poster for director Jonathan Glazer’s sci-fi pic, which stars Scarlett Johansson as an extraterrestrial on Earth disguised as a gorgeous woman who uses her “voracious sexuality” to entrap human prey. Click here to read Matt’s review and check back tomorrow to watch the theatrical trailer. The film opens in L.A. and New York on April 4th, followed by a limited release on April 11th.
- The Railway Man – A new poster for director Jonathan Teplitzsky’s drama starring Colin Firth as a former POW who sets out to confront his tormentor. Click here to read my review.
Hit the jump to take a look at the posters.
A few new posters have landed online. Briefly:
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier – Fresh off last week’s barrage of character posters for the Marvel sequel featuring Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson, acting legend Robert Redford gets his own character poster for the film. The follow-up opens in theaters April 4th.
- Noah – A pair of new international posters for director Darren Aronofsky’s Biblical epic take an Episode I approach to the design. The film stars Russell Crowe and opens in theaters March 28th.
- How to Train Your Dragon 2 – A new international poster for the DreamWorks Animation sequel is elegantly simple. The film opens in theaters on June 13th.
Hit the jump to take a look at the posters.
Odd City Entertainment is poised to release a swell print for Tony Scott’s 1993 film True Romance on Friday, and we’re proud to offer an exclusive first look. The limited edition poster was created by artist Matt Ryan Tobin, and it’s a fantastic encapsulation of the adventures of Clarence and Alabama as penned by Quentin Tarantino. Speaking about his take on the poster, Tobin said, “this movie is so vivid and colorful in its writing, characters and film style. I really wanted to give my all in complimenting the film and approaching the artwork in the same way.” Judging by the finish product, he has very much succeeded.
Hit the jump to take a look at the regular and variant editions of the poster. Both will go on sale at the Odd City Entertainment store at a random time this Friday, February 7th.
Check out some new posters from the following films:
- The Quiet Ones – John Pogue’s horror film starring Jared Harris, Sam Claflin, Erin Richards, Rory Fleck-Byrne, and Olivia Cooke opens April 25th.
- Muppets Most Wanted – James Bobin’s Muppets caper stars Ricky Gervais, Ty Burrell, and Tina Fey, and opens March 21st.
- Cuban Fury - James Griffiths’ dance comedy starring Nick Frost, Rashida Jones, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Chris O’Dowd opens February 14th in the U.K.
Hit the jump to take a look.
Mondo is preparing something very special for the upcoming South by Southwest Film Festival in Austin: a gallery show devoted entirely to Disney films. “Nothing’s Impossible” is a gallery event courtesy of Mondo and Disney’s “Oh My Disney” blog, and it will feature what’s sure to be some incredible Disney-inspired prints by artists like Martin Ansin, Ken Taylor, Aaron Horkey, Daniel Danger, Rich Kelly, Mike Mitchell, JC Richard, and more. The gallery event will kick off in Austin on March 7th and will run through March 11th. Mondo and Oh My Disney will be unveiling some of the posters digitally every week leading up to the opening, and they’re kicking things off in true jealousy inducing fashion by previewing Ken Taylor’s absolutely gorgeous print for Disney’s 1951 animated adaptation of Alice in Wonderland.
Hit the jump to preview the print for Alice in Wonderland and to read the full press release concerning “Nothing’s Impossible.”
Today is unofficial Captain America: The Winter Soldier day, and the goods just keep on coming. This morning, we shared some new images and a preview of Dave’s set visit by way of a Chris Evans on-set interview, and now some individual character posters for the Marvel sequel have landed online. Directed by Joe Russo and Anthony Russo, the follow-up is described as a political thriller and finds Captain America and Black Widow teaming up to face off against an assassin known as “The Winter Soldier.” These character posters feature the film’s three leads, Evans, Scarlett Johansson, and Samuel L. Jackson, and aside from some disappointing photoshop work on Johansson’s body (which is sadly unsurprising), they’re quite nifty.
Hit the jump to check out the posters. Captain America: The Winter Soldier opens April 4th in 2D, 3D, and IMAX 3D.
New posters for the following films:
- Fifty Shades of Grey - Sam Taylor-Johnson’s steamy adaptation stars Dakota Johnson, Jamie Dornan, Marcia Gay Harden, and Rita Ora, and opens February 15, 2015.
- Cesar Chavez – Diego Luna’s biopic starring Michael Peña, America Ferrera, Rosario Dawson, and John Malkovich opens March 28th.
- 300: Rise of an Empire – Noam Murro’s Spartan sequel stars Eva Green, Lena Headey, Sullivan Stapleton, Rodrigo Santoro, Jack O’Connell and David Wenham, and opens March 7th.
Hit the jump to check them out.