- Paramount’s Paranormal Activity 5 is scheduled to open on October 25, 2013.
- Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones will be re-released in 3D on September 20, 2013.
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith will be re-released in 3D on October 4, 2013.
- Sony/Columbia’s Invertigo, a sci-fi film directed by D.J. Caruso (Eagle Eye), has been moved from its March 7, 2014 date to a date yet to be determined.
- All You Need Is Kill, starring Tom Cruise, moves up one week to March 7, 2014.
Hit the jump for posters, synopses and more information on each film.
All release date information comes courtesy of Box Office Mojo.
Paranormal Activity 5 was previously slated as a “Halloween 2013″ release date and now has a more specific date of October 25th 2013. No writer, director, or cast is set for Paranormal Activity 5 yet, but series veterans Oren Peli (who directed the first film but hasn’t helmed anything since) and Jason Blum will once again produce.
We previously reported that both Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones and Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith would be re-released in 3D, but Episode III’s release date has been moved up a week. Check out the trailers for both below:
Caruso’s next sci-fi film, Invertigo has apparently been put into limbo. The premise of this plot actually sounds like a lot of fun, so hopefully it finds a home soon: When a long-lost NASA space probe, under the influence of “dark energy,” mysteriously crashes to earth and reverses the pull of gravity, a team mounts a mission into upside-down Manhattan to avert the planet’s destruction as skyscrapers and bridges are ripped from the ground and rivers rain from the sky.
Finally, Doug Liman’s sci-fi action film, All You Need Is Kill, will be released in post-converted 3D one week earlier as Warner Bros takes over the spot vacated by Invertigo. Cruise stars as Lt. Col. Bill Cage, an officer who relives the day of his death after a failed raid on an alien hive, because “direct physical contact with the alien has thrown him into a time loop, dooming him to live out the same brutal combat over and over.”